Options

Black Crowes & Jimmy Page - Live At The Greek

Swallow PoisonSwallow Poison Posts: 58
edited January 2006 in Other Music
I have just recently bought this live double CD and am absolutely blown away.

Anyone else got it?

Key tracks for me:

- Oh Well
- Nobody's Fault But Mine
- What Is And What Should Never Be
- Custard Pie

I'd have loved to have been at that show...
Decipher the illusion, know the facts but retain the magic.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I got it off the internet and got a few other tracks. I also had a bootleg of the Roseland Ballroom Show on cd and dvd but cant find em since i moved. Also had plans to catch them on their tour in 01(awesome seats) but Page, my idol, has a bad back from years of toting his Les Paul when he was drugged out.
  • Options
    I have just recently bought this live double CD and am absolutely blown away.

Anyone else got it?

Key tracks for me:

- Oh Well
    - Nobody's Fault But Mine
    - What Is And What Should Never Be
    - Custard Pie

I'd have loved to have been at that show...

gimme some info here, where can i purchase this?
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    ya where where ??
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I got it when it was originally an internet only release. they have since re-released it and you can get it on Amazon.
  • Options
    It was one of the first internet only albums, where you could pick out of a list of songs. The cd was released later with a few songs missin. Notably all the Black Crowes songs, as they were under contract with their old label at the time. The cd is at alotta music stores I go to. Usually in the Black Crowes bin. Pick up the cd. Download the Crowes songs, and the 3 or 4 Zeppelin songs left off, In the Light, Misty Mountain Hop, Dazed and Confused I am pretty sure about.
  • Options
    eedheadeedhead Posts: 68
    Yeah its a kick ass album alright. Plenty of DVD shows of that tour floating around too. Dare i say Chris Robinson does as equal and almost better job than Percy on the vocals?
    " I demand to have more booze "
  • Options
    eedhead wrote:
    Yeah its a kick ass album alright. Plenty of DVD shows of that tour floating around too. Dare i say Chris Robinson does as equal and almost better job than Percy on the vocals?

Robert Plant has an almost feminine quality that Chris Robinson has as well. He just didnt use it when singin the Zeppelin songs to avoid comparisons as much as possible. He does do a damn fine job though. Nobody coulda done it better.
  • Options
    eedheadeedhead Posts: 68
    True, but to me the most endearing aspect of that album is the drum sound. It sounds huge and bombastic. Applause for Steve Gorman everybody.
    Ive noticed in the last few years that its always in the top 50 live albums in rock magazines, rightly so. Im no technical whizzkid but i think there is very little tinkering with the original sound. Its pure live.

Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Robert Plant has an almost feminine quality that Chris Robinson has as well. He just didnt use it when singin the Zeppelin songs to avoid comparisons as much as possible. He does do a damn fine job though. Nobody coulda done it better.
    " I demand to have more booze "
  • Options
    Definately one of my favorite live albums. Along with Pink Floyd's "Pulse" and Zep's "How the West Was Won". Hmmmm... I smell a new thread a brew'n.
  • Options
    patw486patw486 Posts: 52
    i got it a week ago. it rules. sloppy drunk is my favorite
  • Options
    I bought my copy in a record store in Amsterdam at Christmas (as my girlfriend is Dutch).

It only cost me 8 Euros (£5.50 or $9).

Best...purchase...ever... - especially for a double album.

It's readily available on Amazon and is quite cheap on there too.
    Decipher the illusion, know the facts but retain the magic.