Options

Tool New Album

GarnerGarner Posts: 182
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Nuff said, now let's talk Tool.......best song?
Barry Bonds is innocent
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    damn too many to name dude carrey is awesomeeeeeeeee
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

www.myspace.com/hattricks412
  • Options
    i'm currently listening to sober and rocking my ass off
    Barry Bonds is innocent
  • Options
    best song...pushit(slow version) lateralus
    and yes danny rocks
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    My favorite song has to be Lateralus. Its so intense. If they stay on the same track they have been musically, who knows what the new record is gonna be like.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,849
    The best Tool track is LAMC.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    I agree with Pushit. [Salival]
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    I'd say Eulogy or Third Eye
  • Options
    I'd say Eulogy or Third Eye

I knew it impossible to pick just one. Third Eye is fucking amazing.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    i'm trying to settle an argument, what years were tool's studio albums out?
    Barry Bonds is innocent
  • Options
    92, 93, 96, 2000, and 2001 isn't it?
    Barry Bonds is innocent
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    correct

and my vote goes for pushit
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    lately one of the many songs thats been going through my head is the patient.
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    NEW TOOL! NEW TOOL! NEW TOOL! Woooooooo!!!! :D

Ok...fav song? As in 1?:eek: Agree with everyone else...way too many greats to choose from. I will say this though, TICKS & LEECHES is one of my most listened to songs by anyone!! Damn that song just owns. What a way to let it ALL out. WOW!

Some other favs that come to mind...

Prison Sex
    Jimmy
    Lateralus
    Swamp Song
    Stinkfist
    Hush
    Undertow
    Parabol/Parabola
    Intolerance
    The Grudge
    Sweat
    Ænima
    Forty Six & 2
    Schism
    Hooker With A Penis
    H.

LOVE this band SO much! Soooooo overly anxious for the new material and to experience the holy experience of TOOL live. :o

And yes Garner,.....

That's right. ;)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    NEW TOOL! NEW TOOL! NEW TOOL! Woooooooo!!!! :D

Ok...fav song? As in 1?:eek: Agree with everyone else...way too many greats to choose from. I will say this though, TICKS & LEECHES is one of my most listened to songs by anyone!! Damn that song just owns. What a way to let it ALL out. WOW!

Some other favs that come to mind...

Prison Sex
    Jimmy
    Lateralus
    Swamp Song
    Stinkfist
    Hush
    Undertow
    Parabol/Parabola
    Intolerance
    The Grudge
    Sweat
    Ænima
    Forty Six & 2
    Schism
    Hooker With A Penis
    H.

LOVE this band SO much! Soooooo overly anxious for the new material and to experience the holy experience of TOOL live. :o

And yes Garner,.....

That's right. ;)

Totally with you on the awesomeness of Ticks and Leeches... They only did it live a few times on their tour, and I remember being totally pissed that they played it in Miami the night before I saw them in Tampa. But yeah an amazing song.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Totally with you on the awesomeness of Ticks and Leeches... They only did it live a few times on their tour, and I remember being totally pissed that they played it in Miami the night before I saw them in Tampa. But yeah an amazing song.

Yes! Right on sadprofessor. Seriously, this is one of the greatest songs out there. It never fails!! Gives me chills and gets the aggression out all at once. Damn...the ending too?! The way it comes crashing back in?! This drumming blows my mind!!! Music & words alike it just flat out owns! Ahhh and his fuckin emotion behind these striking, relatable, super powerful words?! :o JESUS!!!! How can anyone not feel this?! It's beyond intense. The song has got some insane power going on. Can't praise it enough.

Aww that sucks that they played it the night BEFORE you saw them. Well hey, better luck this year. ;) Is this one always rare when they tour? I hope, hope, hope not. :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Yes! Right on sadprofessor. Seriously, this is one of the greatest songs out there. It never fails!! Gives me chills and gets the aggression out all at once. Damn...the ending too?! The way it comes crashing back in?! This drumming blows my mind!!! Music & words alike it just flat out owns! Ahhh and his fuckin emotion behind these striking, relatable, super powerful words?! :o JESUS!!!! How can anyone not feel this?! It's beyond intense. The song has got some insane power going on. Can't praise it enough.

Aww that sucks that they played it the night BEFORE you saw them. Well hey, better luck this year. ;) Is this one always rare when they tour? I hope, hope, hope not. :)

They never play that song... when they first started the tour, Maynard said he wouldn't sing it because it was hard on his throat, and then they played it maybe 10 times on the whole tour, and thats out of 100+ dates worldwide... so basically I wouldn't hold my breath for them to ever play it again.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    They never play that song... when they first started the tour, Maynard said he wouldn't sing it because it was hard on his throat, and then they played it maybe 10 times on the whole tour, and thats out of 100+ dates worldwide... so basically I wouldn't hold my breath for them to ever play it again.

Wow! I had no idea it was that serious. Well shit, these are some screams (( :eek: )) so I'm not surprised.

Well...HAIL HAIL the lucky ones then. ;) I just can't wait to finally experience them live. I'm ready to "embrace the random" and will be more than happy with whatever comes my way. :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Wow! I had no idea it was that serious. Well shit, these are some screams (( :eek: )) so I'm not surprised.

Well...HAIL HAIL the lucky ones then. ;) I just can't wait to finally experience them live. I'm ready to "embrace the random" and will be more than happy with whatever comes my way. :)

They are amazing live... very intense. The visuals and stage sets they use are just unbelievable, its a very overwhelming and absorbing experience.
  • Options

I heard he may sing it when he has a few days off after a show.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i would hope they never play it again
    i don't like the flanger effect maynard has to use on his voice, ruins it for me...
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    I always think of Modest Mouse as an indie version of Tool, or Tool as the Metal version of MM. Not to belittle any of the two bands, but I think their arrangements are kinda similar in that they have interludes, intro, outros, long jamming sessions etc.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Aenima seemed to flush their edginess right out of them (pun intended). I can barely listen to any of the music that came out afterwards.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    I fuckin love sweat
    Barry Bonds is innocent
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Garner wrote:
    Nuff said, now let's talk Tool.......best song?

#69 off Undertow...

And the angel of the lord came unto me snatching me up from my place of slumber...
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    I'd have to say my favs. are...

Eulogy
    Aenima
    Parabol/Paraboloa
    The Grudge
    Hooker with a Penis
    Ticks and Leeches
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    I like most of lateralus but I do feel they could have put much more into it. It's weird that you would follow such a multi textured record (Aenima) with something that sadly kind of sounds like demoes from their house. Plus the fact that Thirteenth Step just outdid it completely. And I still prefer APC over Tool.