Options

Jerry Cantrell to play on new Courtney Love demos??!

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell has been tapped by Courtney Love to assist her with the demoing process for the the follow-up to Love's 2004 solo effort, "America's Sweetheart", according to NME.com.

Love wrote eight songs on her own before leaving court ordered rehab at the end of November, NME.com reports. Since that time she has written with ex-SMASHING PUMPKINS frontman Billy Corgan. Tracks slated to appear on the forthcoming CD include "Sunset Marquis", "For Once in Your Life", "Wildfire", "The Depths of My Despair", "Never Go Hungry Again", "Bedroom Walls", "Sad But True", "How Dirty Girls Get Clean" and "Loser Dust".

Love is said to have already been approached by labels about her new material, after Virgin chose not to renew her contract last year.

As previously reported, Cantrell underwent surgery in early December after complaining of acute pain in his left shoulder. He was admitted to Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles where Dr. Stephen J. Lombardo, a noted sports medicine practitioner, attended him. The surgery included the repair of Cantrell's glenoid labrum, a ring of fibrocartilage that is part of the shoulder joint as we as the removal of bone spurs.

Cantrell's next scheduled performance is set for February 17 when he and his ALICE IN CHAINS bandmates, Sean Kinney and Mike Inez, are scheduled to appear in an episode of VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live!", a tribute to HEART that will take place at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City. A spring air date for the program is to be announced shortly.
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    She must give the best head on Earth.
  • Options
    U-RU-R Posts: 223
    i'd hate to see jerry stoop so low but christ, if he can manage to drown out the sound of her voice then i'm all for it!
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    HE is out slumming again like he did when he opened for Nickelcrap :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    oh Jerry... what are we gonna do with you?
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Why do so many great musicians keep lowering themselves to working with that whackjob?
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    notice she can't write her own material?.......she has slagged so many bands for doing the same thing........
  • Options
    uh, don't get me wrong, i'm pretty sure courtney love is a whackjob, but...

she's got some great tunes. yeah, everyone says that cobain or corgan wrote all of her material, but she wrote the first hole album herself (ugh, why is it that i even know that?!). and the article did say that she wrote some stuff herself, wrote some other stuff with corgan, and will now write with cantrell. and some people just work better musically when they collaborate.

if people knew nothing about what a crazy, terrible, cunt-like person she was, no one would care if she wrote with other people.

plus, cantrell sucks pretty hard on his own. the dude opened for nickelback and creed. voluntarily. and he LIKED nickelback. so there you go. (and in the post-alice in chains but pre-death of layne staley era, jerry had some choice words about layne and revealed to the world that cantrell lacks class).
  • Options
    r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    she's got some great tunes. yeah, everyone says that cobain or corgan wrote all of her material, but she wrote the first hole album herself (ugh, why is it that i even know that?!). quote]

I think Kurt wrote that entire album. She's never even come close to writing that well since, i love that album but it sounds just like him to me.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    im not too bothered by this...as long as Jerry continues to make great music for his fans he can do whatever he wants.
    can't wait for his 3rd album!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    im not too bothered by this...as long as Jerry continues to make great music for his fans he can do whatever he wants.
    can't wait for his 3rd album!

word......
    "Fuckin' hippies!"
  • Options
    enharmonic wrote:
    She must give the best head on Earth.

Thats a retarded thing to say! so fucking degrading....Im sorry, maybe im one of the few C-Love supporters out there. I admmit that her new music was pretty sad, but her old stuff was my oxygen for a long time....she is an important figure in music, not just because of the albums she released... even more so because she is tough, one of the very few tough rocker chicks that made it. she deserves some respect for that. to say that she must have giiven him head for his talent is just feeding in to the same crap that makes rock such a male dominated genre....People just hate strong women, or amplified sexuality because they dont know how to categorize it or handle it. Its just like the crap the media is spewing about Angelina Jolie.... For years they didint know what to do with her... she kissed her brother, she wore a vial of blood as a necklace, she has tattoos, she works for the UN, she makes movies that are successful.... now that she is the other women with a bun in the oven, they finally have cause to brand her as the evil woman/slut, and Jen Aniston as the virginal opposite. It is amazing how the press can fuck up an image... they did to c-Love as they are doing to Jolie.
    yeah Love has had her problems and weird behavioiur, but it is no different than most other celebrities, only difference is she is a widow and a drug addict, what the hell are everyone elses excuses?!
    * Molson Amphitheatre - June 28, 2003
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 19, 2005
    * Eddie Vedder- Massey Hall- Aug 12, 2008
    * Molson Amphitheatre - Aug 21, 2009
    * HSBC Arena - May 10, 2010
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 11 2011
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 12 2011