Options

Korn Fuckin Blow

tucker carlsontucker carlson Posts: 66
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Anyone agree?......watched them on SNL last night and they were awful.....lousy vocals and all the bassist does is slap his guitar and bounce around almost as if it was xibit from their new video .....it was 3rd rate
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    korn has been downhill ever since whatever album came out that had 'got the life' on it...

their first two albums were awesome.
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    korn has been downhill ever since whatever album came out that had 'got the life' on it...

i agree ...they used to be good but i dont think so anymore ...i still like their old stuff tho...mind you iv never seen them live anyways so i wouldnt know how they sound other then what iv heard
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    saw them live twice. once on lollapalooza with tool and once opening up for metallica when they had their big stadium tour. they were good both times, but album-wise, they were never the same after their first two...
  • Options
    One of my best friends was a HUGE Korn fan, but after seeing them live in Manchester he said they were the most god-awful band he'd ever seen. He said they were absolutely terrible live.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    never liked em

all4
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:

I agree, the first two albums rocked, but they SUCK NOW!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I agree. I kinda sorta dig some of their old songs, but that's about it :p
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    never liked em

all4
    I'll second this.......they were funny on South Park, but musically.....nah
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    I kind of like them. I haven't listened to them in about 7 years, but I did like them.
  • Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I totally agree.
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    did you just figure this out recently????
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    sj_2150 wrote:
    did you just figure this out recently????

yes i just figured it out all of the sudden.....it just came to me....i must be one big fuckin loser
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:

They suck since they turned commercial with the album follow the leader...
    But I still listen to the first two albums..
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Seems like the general consensus is that their first two albums were great and they've since fallen off to shit status.

Sounds familiar to a lot of peoples views on a different band, no?
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Yea well, Pearl Jam's been lackin since Ten so..
    Power without Perception is virtually useless and therefore of no true value
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Anyone agree?......watched them on SNL last night and they were awful.....lousy vocals and all the bassist does is slap his guitar and bounce around almost as if it was xibit from their new video .....it was 3rd rate

NO WAY. KORN IS A GREAT BAND AND THE ENERGY AT A KORN SHOW IS FREAKIN' UNBELIEVABLE. AND FIELDY "THE BASSIST" IS MY FAVORITE BASS PLAYER EVER. HE'S GANGSTA AND I LOVE IT. JONATHANS VOCALS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE PRETTY AND SMOOTH. NO. HE'S GREAT AT WHAT HE DOES. KORNS MY SECOND FAVORITE BAND TO SEE LIVE. U CANT BE AT A KORN SHOW WITHOUT BEING ON THE FLOOR FRONT & CENTER LEANING ON THE STAGE. THERES NOTHING LIKE IT.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    I'm sorry don't really like them.

I saw them twice @ festivals in Holland. Both times they just gave me a headache. I think they are pretty overrated.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    They said all that they had to say as a band on their first album. The first album is sick. The rest of them are not very good IMHO.
  • Options
    HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    Saw em live last year, pretty good show.
  • Options
    i used to love them, felt that after the 4th cd they were starting to get kinda bad, so i stopped really following them too much. i did catch that snl performance though, and while it was pretty bad, i think it's mostly because they are lacking a full sound now that one of their guitars is gone. i think they need to find someone to replace head. it would at least help their live performance.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    I'll second this.......they were funny on South Park, but musically.....nah

g-g-g-ghost pirates!
  • Options
    Seems like the general consensus is that their first two albums were great and they've since fallen off to shit status.

which different band?
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    korns first 2 albums were excellent, and I even thought follow the leader wasgreat, but the thing about Korn is that Jon Davis NEVER grew as a songwriter. His audience is ALWAYS 13-17 yr old HS kids who arent popular. Davis wrote songs about being an outcast and being abused as a kid and wearing makeup in school and getting picked on for it....and instead of writing new songs about how he overcame the abuse and the ridicule to become a famous rich musician, he gets older and sadly still sings to the same 13-17 yr old kids while the last batch outgrow Korn music
  • Options
    PJguy wrote:
    korns first 2 albums were excellent, and I even thought follow the leader wasgreat, but the thing about Korn is that Jon Davis NEVER grew as a songwriter. His audience is ALWAYS 13-17 yr old HS kids who arent popular. Davis wrote songs about being an outcast and being abused as a kid and wearing makeup in school and getting picked on for it....and instead of writing new songs about how he overcame the abuse and the ridicule to become a famous rich musician, he gets older and sadly still sings to the same 13-17 yr old kids while the last batch outgrow Korn music

bingo.

(is less than 10 characters)
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    JSBE wrote:
    g-g-g-ghost pirates!
    or are they pirate ghosts?????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    ZepZachZepZach Posts: 30

Weezer? Although they have had a few good songs here and there after their first two, the first two are still leagues above the others. (Weezer, not Korn)
  • Options
    gtbrown77gtbrown77 Posts: 140
    PJguy wrote:

Do you suppose the reason he still writes those songs is because he has never actually gotten past those issues himself? I mean, I don't know...maybe he has. It has been more than 10 years since their first album came out. Actually, as I listen to some of their most recent songs, I don't hear that so much anymore. It's still pretty self-loathing kind of stuff, but seems to be past the "I was a picked on kid" material. I remember seeing Jon Davis on some kind of TV show (probably MTV) talking about medications he takes - either for depression or bipolar disorder (I don't remember which).

Or maybe he just writes songs that he knows will sell to a certain demographic. It may not be the most honest thing in music, but then again, most mainstream music isn't terribly honest.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    -John Lennon
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    gtbrown77 wrote:
    I remember seeing Jon Davis on some kind of TV show (probably MTV) talking about medications he takes - either for depression or bipolar disorder (I don't remember which).
    yeh i think that was on MTV diary...he was on prozac etc but hasn't been taking them for 5 years now.
    im really glad his songs nowadays are aboot other things besides his past..out of 17 tracks from the new one..i'd say only 2-3 songs have referance to his past.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    SENROCK! wrote:
    NO WAY. KORN IS A GREAT BAND AND THE ENERGY AT A KORN SHOW IS FREAKIN' UNBELIEVABLE. AND FIELDY "THE BASSIST" IS MY FAVORITE BASS PLAYER EVER. HE'S GANGSTA AND I LOVE IT. JONATHANS VOCALS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE PRETTY AND SMOOTH. NO. HE'S GREAT AT WHAT HE DOES. KORNS MY SECOND FAVORITE BAND TO SEE LIVE. U CANT BE AT A KORN SHOW WITHOUT BEING ON THE FLOOR FRONT & CENTER LEANING ON THE STAGE. THERES NOTHING LIKE IT.
    dont forget the KoRn Kage as well ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    I must be all fucked up. My fav Korn album's are "Untouchables" and "Issues".