Options

Korn Fuckin Blow

2»

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    I must be all fucked up. My fav Korn album's are "Untouchables" and "Issues".
    i like Untouchables and the new one alot too..but Follow the Leader is still tops for me..
    its like how PJ fans say No Code and Yield are the best..and the non fans laugh at us lol
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    gtbrown77 wrote:
    Do you suppose the reason he still writes those songs is because he has never actually gotten past those issues himself? I mean, I don't know...maybe he has. It has been more than 10 years since their first album came out. Actually, as I listen to some of their most recent songs, I don't hear that so much anymore. It's still pretty self-loathing kind of stuff, but seems to be past the "I was a picked on kid" material. I remember seeing Jon Davis on some kind of TV show (probably MTV) talking about medications he takes - either for depression or bipolar disorder (I don't remember which).

Or maybe he just writes songs that he knows will sell to a certain demographic. It may not be the most honest thing in music, but then again, most mainstream music isn't terribly honest.

Davis and Gwen Stefani--the perspective gets younger and dumber every freaking album.

But, do people still buy Korn records?
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Korn does suck ass...they played here in San Antonio about 3 weeks ago, the singer fucking lip synched half the show, the would not allow the new guitarist on stage with them, yet you could clearly see him backstage playing with them, after all that, they walked off stage after 35 minutes which included a 10 minute cover of Another Brick in the Wall, & 8 minutes on a horrible version of Shoots & Ladders. They were pissed that Mudvayne got such a great response before them. Sad when the opening act plays 75 minutes yet the headliner can't manage 40.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    goto_l wrote:
    the would not allow the new guitarist on stage with them, yet you could clearly see him backstage playing with them
    hes not a member of the band thats why....many bands have other musicians playing for them who hide behind the amps and drums..its pretty common during live shows.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJguy wrote:
    korns first 2 albums were excellent, and I even thought follow the leader wasgreat, but the thing about Korn is that Jon Davis NEVER grew as a songwriter. His audience is ALWAYS 13-17 yr old HS kids who arent popular. Davis wrote songs about being an outcast and being abused as a kid and wearing makeup in school and getting picked on for it....and instead of writing new songs about how he overcame the abuse and the ridicule to become a famous rich musician, he gets older and sadly still sings to the same 13-17 yr old kids while the last batch outgrow Korn music
    WELL, I GO TO PRETTY MUCH EVERY KORN SHOW AND I DONT SEE TOO MANY "13-17" YEAR OLDS. THEY HAVE A SOLID "OLDER" FAN BASE. AND I MUST SAY, ALL THE KORN FANS IVE MET ARE ALMOST AS GOOD AS PEARL JAM FANS! I SAY "ALMOST" BECUZ IF PEARL JAM WERENT MY FAVE, KORN FANS WOULD BE TOP. WHILE NOT EVERYONE AGREES, THEY ARE A GREAT BAND. KORN JUST ISNT FOR EVERYONE. THEY HAVE FREAKIN' WAHHHHMAZING ENERGY AT SHOWS AND THEY LOVE THEIR FANS. AND I THINK THEY RULE WITHOUT ANOTHER GUITARIST "ON STAGE". :) AND YES AXXXL, THE KORN KAGE RULES!!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    WELL, I GO TO PRETTY MUCH EVERY KORN SHOW AND I DONT SEE TOO MANY "13-17" YEAR OLDS. THEY HAVE A SOLID "OLDER" FAN BASE. AND I MUST SAY, ALL THE KORN FANS IVE MET ARE ALMOST AS GOOD AS PEARL JAM FANS! I SAY "ALMOST" BECUZ IF PEARL JAM WERENT MY FAVE, KORN FANS WOULD BE TOP. WHILE NOT EVERYONE AGREES, THEY ARE A GREAT BAND. KORN JUST ISNT FOR EVERYONE. THEY HAVE FREAKIN' WAHHHHMAZING ENERGY AT SHOWS AND THEY LOVE THEIR FANS. AND I THINK THEY RULE WITHOUT ANOTHER GUITARIST "ON STAGE". :) AND YES AXXXL, THE KORN KAGE RULES!!!!! :D
    yeh thats true...i think KoRn stopped attracting kids with their new album too....whats left in the KoRn fanbase are basically the loyal ones who have stuck with the band since they liked them.
    kids nowadays think KoRn's new album sucks and that emo pop punk bands are the saviors of rock

YNWA
  • Options
    iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    Korns new stuff suck i must admit! Although i think issues was a great album and falling away from me is one of the best suicidal songs i have heard!
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • Options
    The debut album and Life is Peachy were cool to listen to. Good God is an awesome song and so is ADIDAS but I haven't listened to them for yonks. I bought the first 3 albums but after that I stopped.
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    U-RU-R Posts: 223
    life is peachy was a wicked album. i'm agreed with uhimt5000 that good god (and a couple of others) are/were awesome. the whole album was slick, heavy and emotional but in a smooth, dark kinda way. i adored that album when i was younger. ditto self-titled and follow the leader but i grew out of their old stuff and their new stuff does nothing for me at all. they're well and truly over it if you ask me, they should be put a museum, kept well away from recording studios and remembered for the great band they once were back in the day
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up