Options

Matt Cameron was in Queens of the Stone Age?

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Ok so on the liner notes for Over the Years and Through the Woods it names the members of Queens and then under it, it read, "Queens have also been:" and it lists Dave Grohl, Nick Oliveri, and Matt Cameron including others. Was this our Matt Cameron or just someone of the same name?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ok so on the liner notes for Over the Years and Through the Woods it names the members of Queens and then under it, it read, "Queens have also been:" and it lists Dave Grohl, Nick Oliveri, and Matt Cameron including others. Was this our Matt Cameron or just someone of the same name?

pretty sure he did some precussion on the rated R album, but i haven't seen the liner notes in a while. never a full-on drummer i don't think, josh (homme) just likes havin big names next to his. :)
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    hey may have done a few gigs, QOTSA are notorious for their ever-changing line-up and they have had about 10000000000 drummers
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    I don't know about QOTSA but after a dusty CD reshuffle I've rediscovered Geddy Lee's solo album and totally forgot that Matt plays drums on it. Kewl.
  • Options
    matt cameron ( yes, THE matt cameron) was the original queens of the stone age drummer. actually, they weren't even qotsa yet, they recorded under the name gamma ray. i do know that there is an officially released recording, i think it was a split single with the last kyuss recordings (josh homme's pre-qotsa group). or maybe it was released as gamma ray. shit. i can't believe i don't know for sure or own this motherfucker. 99.99999% sure it was released on frank kozik's "man's ruin" record label. i think van conner from the screaming trees was the bassist at the time too.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    matt cameron ( yes, THE matt cameron) was the original queens of the stone age drummer. actually, they weren't even qotsa yet, they recorded under the name gamma ray. i do know that there is an officially released recording, i think it was a split single with the last kyuss recordings (josh homme's pre-qotsa group). or maybe it was released as gamma ray. shit. i can't believe i don't know for sure or own this motherfucker. 99.99999% sure it was released on frank kozik's "man's ruin" record label. i think van conner from the screaming trees was the bassist at the time too.

I have this ep you are talking about. Or at least i think i do it was released as Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age
    I do'nt have the entire track list in front of me but i think it had
    Queens of the stone age:
    if only
    born to hula
    spiders and vinesgroms

Kyuss
    into the void (sabbath cover)
    Fatso forgotso
    fatsoforgotso part 2
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04