Options

Dave Mathews Band

dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
edited January 2006 in Other Music
This should be in other music but im 2 lazy, sorry. I was just wondering if anyone has herd Dave Mathews cover daughter, bloody good. He sounds just like eddie (not as good cause no one is) and his band is amazing.
i think Dave and PJ should tour togeather and maybe even work together on an album.

What are your thoughts??
Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dava matthews is ok, i'm not really a big fan but i have a lot of respect for him. great guitar player. where did you find that cover? i'd love to hear it.
    Knowledge is a tree, it's growing up just like me. Keep an open mind people...
  • Options
    C2V3NC2V3N Zagreb, Croatia Posts: 449
    I don't like them.. I have first album..
    one, two, three, four, five against one
    five, five, against one
  • Options
    dan_vedder wrote:
    What are your thoughts??

This should be in other music forum...kind of, since you are talking of a PJ song covered by another band.

I would love to hear that cover, DMB is one of my favorite bands.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    pearlmuttpearlmutt Posts: 392
    i've never heard that cover. i'm sure it's great. i'd love to hear it.
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    ive heard it..its allright...not great
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    dava matthews is ok, i'm not really a big fan but i have a lot of respect for him. great guitar player. where did you find that cover? i'd love to hear it.
    If you want to hear a truly great guitar player listen to Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds "Live at Luther College" double live album. Ballsy of DM to tour(and play with frequently) a guy like Reynolds who is head and shoulders above DM when it comes to playing the guitar. Matthews is still good, but some of the stuff Reynolds does on that album is pretty amazing.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    I'm fairly certain DMB haven't covered a PJ song. You sure you didn't get a mislabeled mp3 or something?
  • Options
    i once downloaded "Dave Matthews playing Daughter"

and it turned out to be PEARL JAM playing Daughter

if you go to DMB fansites, there is no record of them ever playing daughter
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young