Options

I'm wanting to go buy one cd right now: My Morning Jacket or Death Cab?

gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
edited January 2006 in Other Music
I like to focus on one new cd at a time or I'd buy both. Which would you suggest to buy first of their newest cd's?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    My Morning Jacket, no question about it. The new album is amazing.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Transatlanticism
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    iwalkeiwalke Posts: 33
    Plans is ok... haven't heard much My Morning Jacket, but if you liked Transatlanticism then Plans is more of the same really.
  • Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    MMJ plain and simple
    Live Free or Die!
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    death cab by a mile. plans is a GREAT album... i like it much more than transatlanticism, and the 4th track is worth the purchase price alone.
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    gabers wrote:
    I like to focus on one new cd at a time or I'd buy both. Which would you suggest to buy first of their newest cd's?

Death Cab. My Morning Jacket is hype.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    I'd take MMJ over death cab any day. Heard a couple of DCFC's albums, and even seen them live once (opening for PJ), and they're just not for me. MMJ is great IMO.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    MMJ are the best band in the world right now. Death Cab are a cheesey OC emo band. I think that explains my opinion.
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    My Morning Jacket, I don't hate Death Cab, I just think "Z" is a really good album and is worth buying more so than Death Cab.
  • Options
    Igottago wrote:
    MMJ are the best band in the world right now. Death Cab are a cheesey OC emo band. I think that explains my opinion.

In my opinion all music is emo, even PJ, and the OC has little to do with Death Cab who has been around much longer than that show. Ben Gibbard is one of the best lyricist you can find today. But, it depends on what you like. Death is king of indie in my mind, and this is even after they signed to a major label. Read this:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/action/article?article_id=2078

Z is also a great album. I'd get them both.
  • Options
    Igottago wrote:
    ...along with a lot of other things.

Get Plans first, but don't stall on Z, it's fantastic.
    "Many of Pearl Jam's most loyal fans are teenagers who do not have the money to pay the $50 or more that is often charged today for tickets to a popular concert...we have made a conscious decision that we do not want to put the price of our concerts out of the reach of many of our fans." 6/94
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    buy both

great albums
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    as much as I love Plans, I'm gonna have to recommend that you purchase Z. It's a really great album
  • Options
    RVM1978RVM1978 Leesburg, FL Posts: 320
    Buy all of the My Morning Jacket albums. They are awesome.
    08/12/2000 - Tampa, FL; 04/09/2003 - Birmingham, AL; 04/11/2003 - West Palm Beach, FL
    04/13/2003 - Tampa, FL; 10/08/2004 - Kissimmee, FL; 05/16 & 17/2006 - Chicago, IL;
    05/19/2006 - Grand Rapids, MI; 05/22/2006 - Auburn Hills, MI; 08/05/2007 - Chicago, IL;
    05/03/2010 - Kansas City, MO; 07/19/2013 - Chicago, IL; 04/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL;
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I got both when they came out so i've had timeto digest both of them. I hardly ever find myself listening to the DCFC album. It's like that with most of their albums. I buy them love them at first then they bore the shit out of me.

MMJ i keep coming back for more. I had Z on heavy rotation this past weekend. It is a great album. go with Z, but plans is not a bad album it's just typical DCFC.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I can tell you that I downloaded 4 MMJ shows last week and last tuesday was the first time I really listened to them. Plans is a solid album and shouldnt disappoint, and MMJ may be more impressive live than on album. Having said that, I would probably get the MMJ disc.

http://www.archive.org
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    my morning jacket....

not death cab for poopie!