Options

Bell X1

Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Don't know if any of you have heard of an Irish band called Bell X1...well if you haven't then I suggest you check them out. They are about to release they're third album "Flock". Some of you may have heard them on the soundtrack to the OC ( I believe that they were being played over some lesbian kiss, but never sat through an episode.....and don't plan to). If this would put you off then don't let it, they're heavier sounding songs are amazing. I suppose the OC thing is hopefully gonna get them some well deserved recognition outside of Ireland.

They're first album is called "neither am I". This album is quite raw and has some fantastic tracks on it. THe second was called "music in mouth" which is more radio friendly but just as good. To be honest the real way to hear Bell X1 is live (I suppose that is the same for most bands) as they are the closest to intensity to PJ that I have come accross.

(Would post more comprehensive reviews but am in work so can't!!)

So lets get BELL X1 on the radio accross the world as they deserve to make a bit of a living from being the hardest working band in the world!

Al
I need a coffee!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    damien rice was in that band wasn't he?
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • Options
    Sort of right. Damien Rice used to be the singer in a band called junipur and then they split up and the rest of the band went on to form Bell X1. Which we can be thankful for because Paul Noonan (lead singer) is a far superior vocalist and far more carismatic on stage! Have you heard them before?
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Sort of right. Damien Rice used to be the singer in a band called junipur and then they split up and the rest of the band went on to form Bell X1. Which we can be thankful for because Paul Noonan (lead singer) is a far superior vocalist and far more carismatic on stage! Have you heard them before?

True story. BellX1 kick Damien Rices ass.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Hitch-Hiker you going to see them in the Olympia next month? Should be a fantastic gig cause the Olympia has to be one of the best venues for gigs ever! My dream would be to see PJ play a show there, it would be unbelievable!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

oh, that's right... i may have to check this band out then. i've heard of them before but, never did buy an album or listen to any streams or anything. i'll put them on my list. and thanks for bringing them up. ;)
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • Options
    Quick update....

New album flock is amazing. GO and buy it!!!!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Damo rice is shite anyway,hate that fucker.
    BellX1 are excellent though...saw them in UL on October i think it was...great show.
  • Options
    The RDS show on jan 31 sould be amazing!!
    I need a coffee!