Another gem............

danielheyesdanielheyes Posts: 362
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Arctic Monkeys...........this band are the best young talent out of my country for a long time!!!

seriously folks,check them out,you will not regret it..............
When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BeerBaron wrote:
    I have heard their radio hit and, to be honest, I can't really get in to the song ("I Bet You look good on the Dance Floor"). There's just something about that song that irriates me.

Then again, I really don't like any of the new popular British bands (Scissor Sisters, Razorlight, adn especially the Darkness). But I don't mean to slag British music here because I own A LOT of CDs from British Artirsts (Sterephonics, Muse, Snow Patrol, Travis, Oasis, Starsailor, etc.).

Edit: not sure why it posted this twice ...

check out some other stuff if you can,they are really cool.

his voice i suppose could get annoying but if you are from the north of england as i am its nice to hear a local accent!!!

some other songs are-scummy-bigger boys-check em out seriously!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    Well, Stereophonicd is one of my favourite bands, so annoying voices don't bother me :)

haha... that made me laugh... and i don't even like the stereophonics...

ARCTIC MONKEYS are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

actualy, "scummy" or whatever they named it for the single release is playing on the radio as i type this...
    i usually don't buy into the hype... i don't care that the music tabloid NME is all over them, i don't care that roger daltrey and many others hailed them as the best new british band...
    they're just that - A VERY GOOD BAND!
    i wouldn't go as far and call them the saviours of rock music, but they're definitely good... i just hope they'll manage to keep their feet on the ground but from what i've read in interviews i think they're doing fine...

actually, i planned on creating an arctic monkeys thread months ago but didn't get round to it...
    i listened to all of their demos and am looking forward to the album release jan 30th...

don't believe the hype!
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • ah come on, it's been the year of the monkey...
    those guys deserve a
    b
    u
    m
    p
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Arctic Monkeys are bloody good looking forward to the album release on the 30th of january, really diggin them, along with Nine Black Alps and Bloc Party the british music scene is slowly improving, after a real bad period of dull wannabes and pop artists, things are on the up.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Arctic Monkeys are bloody good looking forward to the album release on the 30th of january, really diggin them, along with Nine Black Alps and Bloc Party the british music scene is slowly improving, after a real bad period of dull wannabes and pop artists, things are on the up.

Well said my friend!

saw bloc party in liverpool a couple of months ago and they were class!

arctic monkeys should be huge.

check out 'editors' too. interpol type stuff but done just as well if not better.........
  • BeerBaron wrote:

Then again, I really don't like any of the new popular British bands (Scissor Sisters, Razorlight, adn especially the Darkness). But I don't mean to slag British music here because I own A LOT of CDs from British Artirsts (Sterephonics, Muse, Snow Patrol, Travis, Oasis, Starsailor, etc.).

Alot of British people would share your view too. But I'd put Arctic Monkeys in your second list - add them to your cd collection along with Bloc Party :D

.. Scissor Sisters are American, not British ;)
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Alot of British people would share your view too. But I'd put Arctic Monkeys in your second list - add them to your cd collection along with Bloc Party :D

.. Scissor Sisters are American, not British ;)

bloc party are class,superb live aswell. highly recommended....
  • not a fan of most of the music coming outta there...its all the same indie shite.
    that being said i like some things like that futurheads song,decent days and nights.
  • not a fan of most of the music coming outta there...its all the same indie shite.
    that being said i like some things like that futurheads song,decent days and nights.

The futureheads are ok but you might aswell just put the jam on if thats what you are after.

The british music scene is starting to churn out bands left right and centre at the moment. its quite a cool place to be.........
  • http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1889&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
    this is my pearl jam appreciation thread on their forum...but it seems that british people don't love pj
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
  • barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    I really liked "Fake Tales of San Francisco", but this new song "I Bet You Look Good..." sounds pretty average to me.
    Don't have much of an opinion 'cause those are the only two tracks I've listened.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1889&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
    this is my pearl jam appreciation thread on their forum...but it seems that british people don't love pj

thanks, i found this tread really interesting...
    it goes to show how narrow minded a lot of people are when it comes to music... like this one poster saying that his maths teacher listens to pearl jam and neil young therefore they are shite...
    can't blame him... he still goes to school (obviously) and probably thinks that everything he needs to know about music is in the latest issue of the NME...

but what's just as sad is that if you'd post about the arctic monkeys on the porch and not here in other music you'd probably get a lot of replies like "pearl jam gives me so much, i don't need to listen to other bands" / "dude, recent rock music sucks", etc. ...

as much as i'd like to complain about the musical tastes of teenagers it's the truth that lots of people on this board do not listen to any new bands... they're stuck with the music THEY listened to in their teenage years... can't blame them either...
    and i'm not talking about broadening their musical horizons...
    since this is a thread about the arctic monkeys we're not talking about experimental avant-garde electro-death folk here... it's straight-forward rock music...
    so why can't people just take it for what it's worth and enjoy it, no matter if it's old or new...

errm... yeah... got my point? did i even have a point?
    reeferchief would approve of the activity i just engaged in, so i have no idea if this post makes any sense or not... :D
    ~~~

• psycosmic wrote:
    thanks, i found this tread really interesting...
    it goes to show how narrow minded a lot of people are when it comes to music... like this one poster saying that his maths teacher listens to pearl jam and neil young therefore they are shite...
    can't blame him... he still goes to school (obviously) and probably thinks that everything he needs to know about music is in the latest issue of the NME...

but what's just as sad is that if you'd post about the arctic monkeys on the porch and not here in other music you'd probably get a lot of replies like "pearl jam gives me so much, i don't need to listen to other bands" / "dude, recent rock music sucks", etc. ...

as much as i'd like to complain about the musical tastes of teenagers it's the truth that lots of people on this board do not listen to any new bands... they're stuck with the music THEY listened to in their teenage years... can't blame them either...
    and i'm not talking about broadening their musical horizons...
    since this is a thread about the arctic monkeys we're not talking about experimental avant-garde electro-death folk here... it's straight-forward rock music...
    so why can't people just take it for what it's worth and enjoy it, no matter if it's old or new...

reeferchief would approve of the activity i just engaged in, so i have no idea if this post makes any sense or not... :D

I know what you mean,teenagers these days dont listen to music the way it used to be made back in the day.(never thought id say that!!!)

good charlotte and all that popsicle stuff"quote"ev.

i may need to start another thread on grown up snobbery or teenage ignorance........?

:confused: You got more replies saying PJ are great than don't like them.. and the tosser who's down on his maths teacher is German.
    There's plenty of us British people who love Pearl Jam!!..

i may need to start another thread on grown up snobbery or teenage ignorance........?
    Good Idea!.. you should do that :D
    There's so many people missing out on good bands because of their narrowminded beliefs.
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • psycosmic wrote:

u most certanly had...and i got it :)
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

• .. and the tosser who's down on his maths teacher is German.

she was soo lame!!!

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i personally think that all mainstream british music at the moment is pretty crap at the moment
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    i personally think that all mainstream british music at the moment is pretty crap at the moment

of course it is. you dont listen to mainstream music! you listen to good music!
    mainstream is whats deemed ok for us to listen to.

there are some good indie bands going around. bloc party,arctic monkeys,editors.