Options

WEEN \o/

bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
edited June 2007 in Other Music
There's got to be other fans?

Who has seen the Live In Chicago DVD.. BOOOZE ME UP AND GET ME HIGGH..
09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    bharQ wrote:
    There's got to be other fans?

Who has seen the Live In Chicago DVD.. BOOOZE ME UP AND GET ME HIGGH..

Love 'em....the Mollusk is one of my favourite albums of all time (White Pepper and Quebec arent too shabby either)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Options
    I've grown to love all their albums.. yes even the old ones.. I think they are very overated but I don't feel sorry for them.. they like it that way haha

Have you heard anything from their new album? Leave Deaner Alone.. Woman and Man.. sounds like its gonna be a good one!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    Nope - havent heard anything...when is it coming out????? VERY EXCITING
  • Options
    yay 1 other Ween fan! hehe i think this fall.. fingers crossed

have you seen them live? such a good show
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I'm a casual fan, I have the Live in Chicago DVD and two of their albums.

I went to one of their shows several years ago, because a friend of mine really liked them and I had heard several of their funny songs like Push The Little Daisies, etc. The show was really good, they played for more than 2 hours and dedicated "Doctor Rock" and "Mister, Could You Please Help My Pony?" to Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes, who had recently died.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Options
    enjoyed them as the sun broke through the clouds at the first bonnaroo.
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • Options
    enjoyed them as the sun broke through the clouds at the first bonnaroo.

same with me.. minus the clouds at Vegoose!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:
    yay 1 other Ween fan! hehe i think this fall.. fingers crossed

have you seen them live? such a good show

I saw them when they played Toronto back in 2003 on the Quebec tour - so much FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kinda surprised there are 2 Ween fans on these boards - unfortunately your more likely to find fans of Live or Counting Crows around here....CRAZY
  • Options
    PHAN1217PHAN1217 Posts: 15
    Ween Is So Sick.
  • Options
    Todd76 wrote:
    I saw them when they played Toronto back in 2003 on the Quebec tour - so much FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kinda surprised there are 2 Ween fans on these boards - unfortunately your more likely to find fans of Live or Counting Crows around here....CRAZY

I seen someone post in Other Music if anyone liked Bon Jovi and that was the last straw.. had to make this.

If anyone is looking for new ween stuff check out the dvds and bootlegs here http://www.browntracker.net
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I've tried, I just could'nt get in to them.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:
    I seen someone post in Other Music if anyone liked Bon Jovi and that was the last straw.. had to make this.

If anyone is looking for new ween stuff check out the dvds and bootlegs here http://www.browntracker.net

Did you see that they are doing some shows at the end of this month with Sonic Youth and The Flaming Lips.........how AMAZING would that show be
  • Options
    Todd76 wrote:
    Did you see that they are doing some shows at the end of this month with Sonic Youth and The Flaming Lips.........how AMAZING would that show be

I know!! Seen flaming lips twice now.. they are so good live.. so much crazy shit to see.. all those shows sold out right away :(

I'm keepin my fingers crossed for Vegoose 2006.. lineup is annouced next wednesday... hoping for Ween and Radiohead :D
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:
    I've grown to love all their albums.. yes even the old ones.. I think they are very overated but I don't feel sorry for them.. they like it that way haha

Have you heard anything from their new album? Leave Deaner Alone.. Woman and Man.. sounds like its gonna be a good one!

umm i meant to say underrated..

long live ween!!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Ween could easily have a top 10 hit if they wanted to, and thankfully they never tried.

long live http://www.weenradio.com
  • Options
    NossieNossie Adelaide, Australia Posts: 1,039
    Push The Lil Daisies is still one of the most bizzare songs i've ever heard... i never understood it as a kid - yet it'd be constantly stuck in my head... :D
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    Ween could easily have a top 10 hit if they wanted to, and thankfully they never tried.

long live http://www.weenradio.com

They could have many.. lol did I ever lose my shit when I first heard Gabrielle.. that song is like a classic rock hit.. it would be huge.. Of course its on their bside album :)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    I love this band! They are top-five for me.

Just picked up the vinyl-only release of Live in Toronto and giving it my first listen now! Doulble lp pressed in white...Recorded back in 1996 w/ a band assembled to support the Nashville-sounding 12 Golden Country Greats. Freakin' killer sound!!! Love the Chariots of Fire melody inter-twined at the end of Japanese Cowboy...

Get it while you can. Ahh, here comes Mr. Richard Smoker -- gotta run...
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    FRIENDS EP@!!!!!

anyone else check it out yet?

i'm really diggin it
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,836
    Saw em open for The Flaming Lips in Syracuse in September of 06. They were OK, but they got old pretty fast and didn't like the fact that they played just as long a set as the band they were opening for.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    i dig 'em. i've only got chocolate and cheese, though. but i love almost every song on that album. joppa road is my favorite, followed closely by roses are free.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    Ween is phenomenal.
    The Friends EP is delicious.
    Go get it http://www.chocodogmerch.com/product.php?catalognumber=wee732
  • Options
    P.S.
    Do a little research and listen to as much Ween as possible before you pass judgement. They're all over the place (in a very good way).
  • Options
    BriskBrisk Posts: 84
    Virtually unknown over here in the UK but huge in the US from what I can tell.

I really like a lot of their stuff although its pretty entropic at times. Can't get Freedom of 76 outa my head right now!
  • Options
    I wouldn't say "huge" but they have their following. Great, great band. If you people have a chance to catch them live you will succumb.
    Hail Boognish!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Nossie wrote:
    Push The Lil Daisies is still one of the most bizzare songs i've ever heard... i never understood it as a kid - yet it'd be constantly stuck in my head... :D

i used to love this song and i could never understand why. i must have been going through some issues back then. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    i used to love this song and i could never understand why. i must have been going through some issues back then. :D
    The song is essentially about nipples. Maybe you like nipples?
  • Options
    I can't get their goddamn ordering system to work. I spent a half hour trying to put an order through. Fucking shit.
  • Options
    has always worked fine for me... what's it saying?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    lastexit wrote:
    The song is essentially about nipples. Maybe you like nipples?

really? hmm well actually i do like nipples. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say