Options

WEEN \o/

2»

Comments

• Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    lol here's a nice glimpse at how completely opposite the ween forum is from the pearl jam forum hahah

http://p086.ezboard.com/fweendotnetforum16662frm1.showMessageRange?topicID=68723.topic&start=1&stop=25
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    bharQ wrote:
    lol here's a nice glimpse at how completely opposite the ween forum is from the pearl jam forum hahah

http://p086.ezboard.com/fweendotnetforum16662frm1.showMessageRange?topicID=68723.topic&start=1&stop=25
    It's only this board where people's feelings get hurt so easily.

Ween's ok. Just now getting into it. The fans are pretty interesting characters.
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • Options
    Penny453 wrote:
    It's only this board where people's feelings get hurt so easily.

Ween's ok. Just now getting into it. The fans are pretty interesting characters.

It's getting easier and easier to get into them with their growing wealth of amazing studio material. Back in the day it was near impossible unless you caught them live.

I would say definitely pick up the live in chicago DVD... great place to start
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    White Pepper proved that they are amazing songwriters. Not that they had to prove anything!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:
    It's getting easier and easier to get into them with their growing wealth of amazing studio material. Back in the day it was near impossible unless you caught them live.

I would say definitely pick up the live in chicago DVD... great place to start
    I'm still trying to figure out how many albums they have. Which would you say is their best cd so far?
  • Options
    Penny453 wrote:
    I'm still trying to figure out how many albums they have. Which would you say is their best cd so far?

At first like a lot of people I hated the old albums and only really knew Baby Bitch and Voodoo Lady and those were the only good songs I thought they had.. then eventually I found White Pepper and was really shocked at how good it was.... this made me see them at Vegoose... which led to me finding the song "Gabrielle" which came out around then.. then I got an account on browntracker.net and started collecting their dvds... after hearing a lot of the old stuff live I grew to really love Pure Guava and The Pod!

I would say start with White Pepper and the live in chicago DVD... then try out Chocolate and Cheese and The Mollusk.. their last album Quebec is a touch more serious but in a good way.. it proves they are more than just Comedy Rock like say Tenacious D or something... although their drinking anthems (Booze me up and get me high, Blarney Stone) are hilarious but classics at the same time and could easily be huge huge songs if they wanted them to be (actually putting booze me up on an album lol).

They have been writing a lot and I have a good feeling about their LP coming out later this year... oh and if you have the chance definitely see them live!!

done preaching... if you listen with an open mind and absorb their style (they tend to tackle every genre and own it...) i think you'll really end up liking them
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    one of the best live bands going.
    "bannanas and blow" words to live by.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    Penny453 wrote:

The Mollusk - it's a masterpiece, pretty much
  • Options
    bharQ wrote:
    At first like a lot of people I hated the old albums and only really knew Baby Bitch and Voodoo Lady and those were the only good songs I thought they had.. then eventually I found White Pepper and was really shocked at how good it was.... this made me see them at Vegoose... which led to me finding the song "Gabrielle" which came out around then.. then I got an account on browntracker.net and started collecting their dvds... after hearing a lot of the old stuff live I grew to really love Pure Guava and The Pod!

I would say start with White Pepper and the live in chicago DVD... then try out Chocolate and Cheese and The Mollusk.. their last album Quebec is a touch more serious but in a good way.. it proves they are more than just Comedy Rock like say Tenacious D or something... although their drinking anthems (Booze me up and get me high, Blarney Stone) are hilarious but classics at the same time and could easily be huge huge songs if they wanted them to be (actually putting booze me up on an album lol).

They have been writing a lot and I have a good feeling about their LP coming out later this year... oh and if you have the chance definitely see them live!!

done preaching... if you listen with an open mind and absorb their style (they tend to tackle every genre and own it...) i think you'll really end up liking them
    I'd like to think that I'm pretty open minded about music. I'm always up for something new. I've noticed that it's not so easy to just walk into a store and find one of their cds. Should I just order online? I do have Quebec already, Chocolate and cheese (i think that's what it's called) already..just got them...and pure Guava is it? I think I have all those 3. I was planning on getting the Mollusk..and from what JWBusher says I should definitely get that one. :)
    I can find the DVDs for them on their website right? I've tried looking at their website but I always end up getting very confused and just give up. If you could explain browntracker (what is it?) I'd appreciate that.
    I actually did get to see them live...last week actually. They were good live which leads me to look into them a bit further.
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Insightful, inspiring, motivational, thought provoking...I wish I penned this one myself:

Fluffy, furry buddy
    Chewed his leg on the porch
    Why'd you do it Fluffy, on the porch?

Good dog Fluffy, old friend my pal
    Fluffy's got his buddy on the porch
    Penny, she's my girlie, she sits here with me on the porch
    Penny looks so pretty on the porch

Penny takes Fluffy for a walk out on the path
    Fluffy chases the other doggies on the path
    But big sister Penny get Fluffy back on the porch
    So me and Fluffy and Penny were on the porch
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    bryionakbryionak Posts: 27
    "enjoyed them as the sun broke through the clouds at the first bonnaroo."

me too

Also saw them about a year and half ago at the 9:30 Club in DC.

The Mollusk is one of my favorites, also 12 Golden Country Classics and Chocolate and Cheese. Quebec is also really really good. I have listen to the others, but those are the ones that get rotation.
    1994-4-08 Fairfax, VA GMU Patriot Center
    1996-9-24 Columbia Maryland Merriweather Post Pavilion
    1998-9-18 Columbia Maryland Merriweather Post Pavilion
    2006-5-30 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    2008-6-22 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    2010-5-13 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena
    2022-9-14 Camden, NJ 
  • Options
    bryionakbryionak Posts: 27
    Pure Guava, haven't thought of that one in a while, may have to listen to it tonight.
    1994-4-08 Fairfax, VA GMU Patriot Center
    1996-9-24 Columbia Maryland Merriweather Post Pavilion
    1998-9-18 Columbia Maryland Merriweather Post Pavilion
    2006-5-30 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    2008-6-22 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    2010-5-13 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena
    2022-9-14 Camden, NJ 
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    The Friends EP came out just last week...I like 'I got to Put the Hammer Down' the best so far...full length release later this year!

Buenos tardes, amigos!!! Have a good weekend!
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    great great EP... what other band would do that.. put out an ep of summer songs none of which will be on the actual album coming out later this year! deaner busted 'put the hammer down' at the NH show when gener went to rock a piss.. sounds so good live
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    "La Cucaracha-The new Ween album- this fall

Yes, the new Ween album has a name, "La Cucaracha". The album kicks ass, I'm not really sure what else to say about it other than I really can't wait for it's release. There's not a wasted minute of music on there. We wrote and recorded a ton of material before we whittled it down to it's present state. We recorded the album to two inch 24 track tape and it sounds amazing. As always, it was produced and mixed by Andrew Weiss. It's due to be released in late September and we have already booked our American tour, which runs from mid-October until X-mas break. It will be our first full scale tour since "Quebec" was released. We will be playing pretty much every major city in the U.S. I'm not so sure yet about Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan but it looks like we'll get there next year. I really, I mean really can't wait for you guys to hear it. I think you're gonna be floored."

haha sounds awesome.. Quebec was a really good album but did have a kind of lonely vibe on some of the tracks....it seems this one will be the opposite.. i can't wait to hear it and see them!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    lastexitlastexit 10923 Posts: 257
    I cannot fucking wait for the cockroach.