Options

Robert Pollard tonight in Philly - free ticket

DavidHDavidH Posts: 33
edited April 2006 in Other Music
I'm going to see Robert Pollard, the former frontman of Guided By Voices, tonight in Philly at the TLA on South St.

Anyone else going?

If anyone out there needs a ticket, I have an extra. If you want it, PM me and I can give it to you at a nearby bar or something.

Really looking forward to a good show, but don't quite know what to expect since it's not GBV anymore. I'll post a review tomorrow.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    DavidH wrote:
    I'm going to see Robert Pollard, the former frontman of Guided By Voices, tonight in Philly at the TLA on South St.

Anyone else going?

If anyone out there needs a ticket, I have an extra. If you want it, PM me and I can give it to you at a nearby bar or something.

Really looking forward to a good show, but don't quite know what to expect since it's not GBV anymore. I'll post a review tomorrow.

man I'd love to go but I live in pittsburgh :(

you can expect to hear most of the new record....a few old solo songs, a few side project songs, and an all GBV encore (about ten songs)

he's outstanding. The new band ROCKS.

heres the setlist from thursday night's NYC show:

Gold
    I Surround You Naked
    Blessed In An Open Head
    Get A Faceful
    Light Show
    Dancing Girls and Dancing Men
    Supernatural Car Lover
    Mute Superstar
    Flowering Orphan
    The Right Thing
    Make Use
    Hammer In Your Eyes
    Kick Me and Cancel
    U.S. Mustard Company
    Dolphins of Color
    Boxing About
    Maggie Turns To Flies
    The Numbered Head
    Serious Birdwoman (You Turn Me On)
    I'm A Strong Lion
    50 Year Old Baby
    Fresh Threats, Salad Shooters and Zip Guns
    Conquerer of the Moon
    I Feel Gone Again
    Choking Tara
    I'm A Widow
    A Boy In Motion
    Love Is Stronger Than Witchcraft
    Look At Your Life
    7th Level Shutdown
    Get Under It
    Kingdom Without
    Recovering

Girls of Wild Strawberries
    Game of Pricks
    Sad If I Lost It
    Gold Star For Robot Boy
    Little Lines
    My Valuable Hunting Knife
    My Kind of Soldier
    Don't Stop Now

have a great time!
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for the setlist.

That encore must have incredible. Hope I get to see something similar tonight.

Watching the GBV - The Electrifying Conclusion dvd of the last night ever right now, getting ready for the show.

How many songs are on this thing... 50? Great stuff.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    DavidH wrote:
    Wow, thanks for the setlist.

That encore must have incredible. Hope I get to see something similar tonight.

Watching the GBV - The Electrifying Conclusion dvd of the last night ever right now, getting ready for the show.

How many songs are on this thing... 50? Great stuff.

Thanks again.

theres 64 on there, I believe.

Bob is one of my favorite songwriters of all time. Definitely one of the most underrated artists in music today.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    Alright, called my friend and convinced him to take a break from studying to go to the show.... if any of you hundreds of interested people out there in computer land were thinking of PMing me, too late, you blew it.

But you can still go for $15... what else are you going to do tonight Philly people... go see a great rock show.
  • Options
    DavidH wrote:
    Alright, called my friend and convinced him to take a break from studying to go to the show.... if any of you hundreds of interested people out there in computer land were thinking of PMing me, too late, you blew it.

But you can still go for $15... what else are you going to do tonight Philly people... go see a great rock show.

yeah...get out there and see uncle Bobby!
  • Options
    Great show last night. Very similar setlist to what was played in Boston. I believe the all-GBV encore was exactly the same setlist.

I'd love to see him play w/ Pearl Jam, but I'll be getting My Morning Jacket here in Philly instead, who are also great. Maybe I'll see him open for PJ down the road, sometime.