Options

guiltiest pleasures?

Doochdog2000Doochdog2000 Posts: 7
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Whats up fellow jammers? For the most part we all love rock music...it is what gets the blood flowing day in and day out. But I am curious to know what some of your guiltiest pleasures to listen to are. Is there a pop act out there that you just cant get enough of? maybe a song you find yourself humming and hope no one else was listening to you... Share with us your guiltiest pleasures...the artists/albums/songs etc...
I've Changed By not changing at all...

Pittsburgh 9/28/05
Philly 10/03/05
Camden 5/27/06
Camden 5/28/06
DC 5/30/06
East Rutherford 6/1/06
East Rutherford 6/3/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I am gonna play the trump card right out. My family went on a vacation 15 years ago and there was one tape we listened to the whole time, on a loop. The cd? Air Supply-Greatest Hit. For nostalgia I have always kept a copy around.
  • Options
    I have always been versatile in what I listen to...but for the past few years its been mostly rock. Until Christmas when "santa" brought my little brother one of the best pop cds I have heard in years...Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway...Although there are a few that are geared towards 4 preteens...the majority is a hard female rock vibe with most of the songs cowritten by Clarkson and former lead guitarist for evanescence, Ben Moody. Worth a listen.
    I've Changed By not changing at all...

Pittsburgh 9/28/05
    Philly 10/03/05
    Camden 5/27/06
    Camden 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    East Rutherford 6/1/06
    East Rutherford 6/3/06
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    this is guilty....ari hest...i love his mushy album, Someone to Tell (songs like
    Aberdeen, Anne Marie, Strangers Again)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i like to rock out anytime i hear bryan adams.

i grew up listening to him!
  • Options
    Billy Joel, his music brings back memories of camp and color wars.
  • Options
    one of my girlfriends oves cuntry music and got all of us hooked on the dixie chicks, good tunes when i'm raggin'

lol
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Billy Joel, his music brings back memories of camp and color wars.

Hell yes, I am going to see Billy Joel tommorow night.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    I go to the folk music festival every year. Theres great blues, folk and regae music there. John butler was there a few years ago. Of course I'm still a grunge lover at heart.
  • Options
    Kelly Clarkson...i fucking love her
  • Options
    Sade

josh Kelly

and all of those 70s/80s Arena rockers: Journey/Styx/Foreigner
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    80's music. Not the arena rock, but the New Wave stuff, the Smiths, Duran Duran, its not typical for a 21 yr old male,lol...
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    kiss. most embarrassing lyrics to catch yourself singing along to, ever.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    .... jeeeez!!! lately, i've been careening back and forth in my switcheroos cycle!... from pearl jam veering over to marilyn manson's!... back to pearl jam over to robert plant and eVen the cure! all i can say is alice cooper needs to hurry his ass on up across the street!!!...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    I'm still a big Prince fan, first album through Emancipation especially
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    I've got you all beat.

Chicago's Greatest Hits baby. straight up velveeta. but I get it out every now and again.

Also, how, for the love of pete is Prince a guilty pleasure. That guy is a genius. He's had his share of missteps like any artist of his longevity, but his catalog overall is outstangding. He's also a VERY VERY underrated guitarist.
    rock chalk
  • Options
    jungle music ...pretty much any drum and bass i LOVE it
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    When I was 11 or 12 I used to listen to Roxette and I still enjoy some of their songs...
    My dream came true on November 25th and 26th!!!
    Pearl jam always in my heart and soul...
    www.beegirl79.blogspot.com
  • Options
    cccrankcccrank Posts: 18
    guiltiest...death cab for cutie, maybe? i'm not a big fan of the 'emo scene,' but something about their music just draws me.
    “He's mythological to me, like Zeus or Thor. I don't want to dispel all the myths and mysteries that surround some of his stuff, which I think is just absolutely phenomenal, inspiring and righteous.”

-Ryan Adams on Bob Dylan
  • Options
    I like watching the film clips by The Veronicas and I like the song "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    i am a huge fan of Emo music
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    does zwan count? i adore mary, star of the sea, but am usually too embarassed to own up to it.
    that's faarkokte.
  • Options
    I'd have to say INXS and Coldplay
    Meg: Everybody! Guess what I am?
    Stewie: Hm, the end result of a drunken back-seat grope-fest and a broken prophylactic?
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    Janet Jackson- Both .janet and Velvet Rope are great albums. Love em.
    Sade- Lovers Rock
    I still enjoy Weird Al's music.
    Evanescence
    Jewel's first album
    I'm a wrestling fan, so guilty pleasure enough that that is, I also have a bunch of wrestling music. Most of it is generic crap, but there is some good stuff. The album 'Forceable Entry' is pretty good, mainly because it's established artists as opposed to the main music writer for WWE. But there are some themes- Demolition, Undertaker, NWO, Goldust, D-Lo Brown, and others- that I enjoy quite a bit.
  • Options
    Beegirl79 wrote:
    When I was 11 or 12 I used to listen to Roxette and I still enjoy some of their songs...
    Their greatest hits album is still a staple in my collection
  • Options
    cccrankcccrank Posts: 18
    does zwan count? i adore mary, star of the sea, but am usually too embarassed to own up to it.

Oh yes, I actually love that album as well.
    “He's mythological to me, like Zeus or Thor. I don't want to dispel all the myths and mysteries that surround some of his stuff, which I think is just absolutely phenomenal, inspiring and righteous.”

-Ryan Adams on Bob Dylan
  • Options
    Whats up fellow jammers? For the most part we all love rock music...it is what gets the blood flowing day in and day out. But I am curious to know what some of your guiltiest pleasures to listen to are. Is there a pop act out there that you just cant get enough of? maybe a song you find yourself humming and hope no one else was listening to you... Share with us your guiltiest pleasures...the artists/albums/songs etc...

well it isn't really a guilty pleasure.... but the strokes are fuckin wicked it's not really a secret i keep though.... it is just wierd where i'm into metal and virtuoso's (please check out ERIC JOHNSONG - SRV G3 Live)

but some good strokes songs are... Reptilia, I Can't Win, New York City Cops

check it out and see if you like em
    ...And Leave You Be If You Cross Me And Shake Your Hand Like A Man Not A God!!!