Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best."
~ FZ ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Cool is it on tonight? I'll watch just to see Neil win and give his speech. He's gotta win right? I mean it's not the best album but i'm sure it's better then the competition he will be up against.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    i think prairie wind is destined to be a classic neil album. personally, i think he definitely deserves to win best album. he could potentially win best vocal as well. i'll be watching just for these two categories.
  • Options
    also, i meant to say thanks for the article blacknapkins. a class act indeed, and astonishing that the grammy's have never recognized his genius. let's hope tonight changes that...if not, as neil said he'll get to see some old friends and have a good time. for those of us who have followed neil and his music, we already know he had the best album of last year and the best vocal performance, so i guess that's all that really matters. i think the fact that some people get it, understand it, and enjoy it is all that matters to neil too.
  • Options
    WESWES Posts: 168
    good read....I wonder how many times the title "Forever Neil Young" has been used?... :)
  • Options
    Neil is definately THE SHIT!!!
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Options
    this is hard for me. On one hand I wish Neil would get a grammy since he never has (what the hell is up with that?) but on the other hand I did think Devils and Dust by Springsteen was the better reccord this year, plus the fact that theres no Norah Jones (whats she doing now anyway? Flipping burgers?) to screw Bruce out of any awards like she did in 2002.
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    this is hard for me. On one hand I wish Neil would get a grammy since he never has (what the hell is up with that?) but on the other hand I did think Devils and Dust by Springsteen was the better reccord this year, plus the fact that theres no Norah Jones (whats she doing now anyway? Flipping burgers?) to screw Bruce out of any awards like she did in 2002.

Yah I agree with you, I love Neil, but....Devils and Dust in my opinion is a WAY better album than Prairie Wind is, but whatever, it's the grammys, who really cares anyways if they get an award.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    prarie wind is a classic
  • Options
    WESWES Posts: 168
    ^ i don't think Prairie Wind is a classic.... It was more widely accepted b/c of the buzz surrounding the album in relation to Neil's illness.... Don't get me wrong, there are some excellent tracks on it, but the consistancy just isn't there from front to back....
  • Options
    chipboychipboy Posts: 137
    Devils and Dust isn't nominated for best rock album but U2 will probably win.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    WES wrote:
    ^ i don't think Prairie Wind is a classic.... It was more widely accepted b/c of the buzz surrounding the album in relation to Neil's illness.... Don't get me wrong, there are some excellent tracks on it, but the consistancy just isn't there from front to back....
    I agree. I love neil just as much and probalby more then the next, but this album did not hold me from start to finish like other albums have. Still a good album, but seems to be getting a lot of hype for wrong reasons.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    i would disagree that the album has buzz due to the adversity neil has had to overcome in the past little over a year. some of his greatest music has been written during times of strife (ex. tonight's the night) and during times of illness...i think he wrote down by the river, cowgirl in the sand, and cinnamon girl all while in the midst of a fever or breaking the fever and all in one day...i think prairie wind has gained merit on the basis of the material.

when i listen to prairie wind, i think of myself listening to it ten years from now and still holding these tracks in the same regard as i hold tracks from albums like harvest, on the beach, everybody knows this is nowhere, zuma, etc. from start to finish, i don't hear a track that isn't well written or well performed, in my opinion.