Options

American Idol Tonight

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I hate this show, but my family watches it, and it was Stevie Wonder night, so I kept a close ear towards it, and someone was going to perform Higher Ground. Being a Chili Peppers & Stevie Wonder fan, I love this song. This guy was actually really good, I was impressed, coming from this show at least. Anyone else actually like that performance?
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    chris was good

everyone else is season is HORRIBLE

:mad:

im very disappointed
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    DeadermanDeaderman Posts: 49
    thatgirl wrote:
    chris was good

everyone else is season is HORRIBLE

:mad:

im very disappointed

Taylor as always was exciting to watch, Mandisa lagged today, Katherine McPhee, aside from being hot, was pretty damn good and Chris kicked major ass. Everyone else put me to sleep.
    Power without Perception is virtually useless and therefore of no true value
  • Options
    I thought the last four were decent, but the first eight were not so good...
    Rock over London... Rock on Chicago... I love what you do for me Toyota - Wesley Willis
  • Options
    I like Chris more each week. :)

"Chicken Little" needs to go. lol.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Whats the name of the dude who did Superstitution? My roommate had it on, and that guy definitely caught my attention. He looks like Jason Mewes...
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    Bucky. lol.
  • Options
    Thank God. I thought I was the only Pearl Jam fan on Earth that watched American Idol. I love Taylor Hicks and I really want him to hit it big. I personally think that there are 6 or 7 people on the show that are really good this year.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    Thank God. I thought I was the only Pearl Jam fan on Earth that watched American Idol. I love Taylor Hicks and I really want him to hit it big. I personally think that there are 6 or 7 people on the show that are really good this year.

same here.

anyone for taylor opening for pj on leg 2?

hahaha!
  • Options
    same here.

hahaha!

I'm for it, but Eddie's had some choice words for "Idol" in the past.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    same here.

hahaha!

LOL. He really bugs me. Whooooo! haha.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Somebody PLEASE make them stop singing Stevie Wonder - I just HATE that mans songs. They grate on my nerves. Every time a song comes on where I think 'oh my god, who the fuck wrote that shite', it's Stevie Wonder. If they stop that, it could be a decent show.

I think Chris is fucking excellent but I'm sure there are plenty like him in pubs all over the country. Taylor has that certain something but I think he overdoes it at times - he's different though. Chicken little is way out of his league.

As for the women - not much there really. Personality wise I find Kellie and Paris infectious in a good way but vocally, not one of them have given me chills yet.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    I usually try not to be shallow, or a pig, or overtly "male"...

But my god Katherine McPhee is gorgeous...

She can sing me a lullabye any time...
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I love Taylor Hicks and I really want him to hit it big.

regardless ofthe outcome of this show, i believe he has already hit it big.
    stevie wonder song or whoever- this guy rocks.
    alwyas having so much fun, gotta love him
    plus, he owns the bluesharp- awesome !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    DeadermanDeaderman Posts: 49
    NakedClown wrote:

Amen. If she put an album out, I'd buy it.
    Power without Perception is virtually useless and therefore of no true value
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,736
    drew0 wrote:
    I hate this show, but my family watches it, and it was Stevie Wonder night, so I kept a close ear towards it, and someone was going to perform Higher Ground. Being a Chili Peppers & Stevie Wonder fan, I love this song. This guy was actually really good, I was impressed, coming from this show at least. Anyone else actually like that performance?

he's not bad, but they make him out to be more than he actually is. he does this shaking of his voice which i HATE. not to mention i always think of Ed when he sings a rock song...and Ed is just my ultimate rock singer. he makes this guy look like the pub singer that Helen mentioned.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Deaderman wrote:
    NakedClown wrote:

Amen. If she put an album out, I'd buy it.

If she put out a pictorial spread, I'd buy it. :D