Options

Sam Roberts- Chemical City

dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Sam Roberts new cd came out today. Did anyone pick it up yet?

I just got home and i'm listening to it right now. I'm really liking what I heard so far.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    I picked it up today too, only listened to it once and it was at work so i couldn't turn it up too loud so i haven't really formed a good opinion yet. I really liked 'mind flood' the most so far.
    Still a little disappointed with only 10 tracks though, but i guess it's quality and not quantity that matters...
  • Options
    WhittyWhitty Posts: 61
    I picked it up early this morning. I love it. Saw him perform about 7 of these songs over a 2 night span when I saw him in concert back in March. Great tunes live as well! I wish I pre-ordered the album on Itunes though as well, since it came with 2 bonus tracks. I'm doing my best to track those down, so if anyone has them and feels generous they can find me at mcw29@hotmail.com. :)

Oh yeah, I'm realling digging "Uprising Down Under" with Matt Mays on backup vocals. He also rocks!

On a side note, any of my fellow Sam Roberts fans have any of his rare older albums (pre-Inhuman Condition), such as the album titled "Brother Down" which contains 12 songs (released in 2000). There's also another album out there called the Pirhana EP that is apparantly quite rare as well. I have the Northstar EP, which was released in the late 1990's. If anyone wants to trade, message me.

Peace,
    -Mitch
    "It makes much more sense to live in the present tense."

Toronto 2000
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    St. John's (2x) 2005
    Boston 2010
    Hartford 2013
    Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    Whitty wrote:
    Oh yeah, I'm realling digging "Uprising Down Under" with Matt Mays on backup vocals. He also rocks!

yes, this is a great song!!

The album artwork is pretty cool as well.