Options

Interpol

NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
edited January 2006 in Other Music
So I'm going to see Interpol this weekend in KC. The second time I'll see them this year. They put on a GREAT show. The best group of the '00's, IMO. I mean that in terms of a group that originated in the 00's.

Anyone else checked them out, or a fan?
Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    So I'm going to see Interpol this weekend in KC. The second time I'll see them this year. They put on a GREAT show. The best group of the '00's, IMO. I mean that in terms of a group that originated in the 00's.

Anyone else checked them out, or a fan?

Yeah, i saw them just last monday. They fuckin' rock. Their live sound is awesome and pretty impressive, they perform everything near to perfection. The only complain here was the venue, we had to be in a huge row waiting to get in, the access was just a little door, and everything was delayed because of the amount of people waiting to get in. They're supposed to perform a 2nd. concert but it was cancelled due to security reasons -the concert was in a 2nd. floor, and you could feel it moving horribly, as if it was about to fall with all the people jumping. But the band was memorable. I wasn't a big fan before seeing them, but they absolutely gained a believer after seeing them live. Their set was short -something more than 1 hour-, and it's a completely different vibe than a PJ concert, but it was great, brilliant I would say. They'll become one of the biggest rock acts in the world in the near future, i'm sure. All this happened in Mexico City, by the way, where Banks lived when he was a child.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    Great band, I've played the first album to death but was a little diappointed when I saw them live. Very flat. However it was at a festival (Glastonbury) so I'll reserve some judgement.
  • Options
    PaulJam wrote:
    Great band, I've played the first album to death but was a little diappointed when I saw them live. Very flat. However it was at a festival (Glastonbury) so I'll reserve some judgement.

Trust me, they are so much better on their own! Their lighting is incredible.
  • Options
    I saw them in Lawrence, KS....KU town. It was a college crowd and an old theater place for a setting. Blonde Redhead opened up, and then Interpol took the stage. Outside of some chick that was completely drugged up running into everyone and pissing us off, it was an AWESOME show. They don't have the same kind of energy as PJ, but they are pretty intense. They bring their own element to the stage.

I'm really excited about seeing them again.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

• Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    Saw em in atlanta earlier this year. Great show, met em, cool guys, you're lucky
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Another brilliant show. Their opening band was very interesting as well...The Double. Their CD sucks, but they were awesome live.

Interpol is just phenomenal.

• Options
    I just discovered them. Haven't had the chance to see them live yet, but I've been playing the shit outta their albums. For some reason I cannot stop playing "Not Even Jail."
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Great band and a great live show. My favorite song is "Slow Hands" from their second album.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    Yeah, I just started listening to them this summer and I can't stop playing 'em. Might check them out friday in AZ...
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I've been lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time...
  • Options
    been into these guys since turn on the bright lights frst dropped, it really is much better than antics i think...
  • Options
    I saw them in NYC right when Bright Lights first broke. They are definitaley right up there on my list of best non-PJ concert experiences.
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    Seen them at a festival this summer, sounded solid, but didnt get me jumping and going loco like other bands did that day.
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    saw them on thursday night...had mostly heard negative things on this board and others about their live show so my expectations weren't very high but they fucking blew me away...the setlist was awesome (included untitled and obstacle 1, the only song i wish they would have played was NYC), and the lights were amazing...had heard that they just stand around and aren't into it, which was kinda true but the music was great which is what matters
    San Francisco, CA 05/15/92 07/16/06
    Mountain View, CA 07/18/92 10/02/94 10/31/00 06/01/03 10/26/03
    San Jose, CA 10/30/93 11/04/95
    Sacramento,CA 07/16/98
    Knoxville, TN 09/06/98
    Oakland, CA 11/26/13  05/12/22
    Seattle, WA 08/10/18

• Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    yes i saw them this year they were very good. i also like not even jail alot...
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    i was just gonna post about seeing them on thursday @ san jose. these guys are my favorite new band. i think they have a great music vibe and a very distinct sound. dark and dancy at the same time. someone else already mentioned the lighting was great, i totally agree. i only wish i had some wacky tabacky to make the lights glow a lil more, but the show was fantastic none the less. my buddy who went with me loved it just as much as I did. great live act, will see 'em again when they roll around. can't wait to hear what their next album has to offer. later yall.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • Options
    Interpol is my current favorite band. I cannot stop listening to the Antics album. Especially "Take you on a cruise." And almost everyone I play it for they become fans also.
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    PaulJam wrote:

get em in a small venue, then you will completely change your mind.
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Man, I really wanted to see them when they opened up for Spoon (the band from Austin, tx) i thought their music is pretty cool and dark. Have you seen their videos? i love PDA!! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    C'mere is pretty cool video too.

I should listen to them agian it's been a while
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    Evil got me into them. I've only heard that and turn on the bright lights. What are their other albums like? I havent seen them live.
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    They only have 2 albums out: Antics and Turn On the Bright Lights.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    they're really really..... really... terrific.

Slow Hands... NYC,.. stella was a diver and she was always down (one of my favorite titles ever :) )... obstacle 1,... just really really good music.

have a great time :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I really like Antics, I think it's a great album. I love the guitar work in this band, and the lead singer has some interesting lyrics. I know I could find this myself, but can anyone tell me what other albums they have and if they are as good or better than Antics ??

I think I would like to acquire more of this band's works
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2