Options

Remember Fuel? Are they over with?

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited January 2006 in Other Music
do they still perform? i'm waiting for them to answer me on myspace.
:D
i wonder if it's really brett; i know he used to post on fuel's official bbs...
i would like to see them in concert again.
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i saw them once as a support yeaRS BEFORE SO WHAT´S HAPPEN TO THEM??
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I saw them a couple of times...yeah i have no idea what happened to them :confused:
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I actually ran across some information about Fuel as I was doing showprep the other day.

•They recently had a falling out with their drummer
    •A greatest hits CD was suppose to have been released around Christmas
    •A new album is on the way in 2006
    •Carl Bell wrote more on the site

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    libragirl wrote:
    I saw them a couple of times...yeah i have no idea what happened to them :confused:

me too gone it seems
  • Options
    I actually ran across some information about Fuel as I was doing showprep the other day.

•They recently had a falling out with their drummer
    •A greatest hits CD was suppose to have been released around Christmas
    •A new album is on the way in 2006
    •Carl Bell wrote more on the site

PBM

thank you
    :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    PBM is a wealth of info....

thanks for the info....:)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Carl and Jeff are from Kenton, Tn, which is close to the radio station I work at on the weekends.

Back in '98/'99, Carl's mom used to call me to request, "Shimmer", all the time and she would tell about everything that was going on with the band.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    I might be wrong , but i thought iread somewhere where Richard Patrick was idoing something with the three remaining members of STP
    Meg: Everybody! Guess what I am?
    Stewie: Hm, the end result of a drunken back-seat grope-fest and a broken prophylactic?
  • Options
    volman0118 wrote:
    I might be wrong , but i thought iread somewhere where Richard Patrick was idoing something with the three remaining members of STP

He's in Filter, Bret Scallions is the Fuel front man.

PBM

• Options
    ooops my bad lol
    Meg: Everybody! Guess what I am?
    Stewie: Hm, the end result of a drunken back-seat grope-fest and a broken prophylactic?
  • Options
    Carl and Jeff are from Kenton, Tn, which is close to the radio station I work at on the weekends.

Back in '98/'99, Carl's mom used to call me to request, "Shimmer", all the time and she would tell about everything that was going on with the band.

PBM

i liked their last album, natural selection (was that the name?)
    carl seemed to have had alot of relationship problems (if his songs are really about his life)
    i just looked at their bbs and one little show in sept was CANCELLED
    :(
    i'm always looking for them on http://www.pollstar.com
    sniff sniff sniff
    and NOTHING!!!!!!!
    I was sick when I went to see Fuel in a college auditorium in 2001, I wasn't impressed. I felt like dog doo doo, got there too EARLY and waited in the wind, it was winter time and i had on a little jacket....brett reminded me of a stripper. then i saw them open up for aerosmith, only bought tix to see fuel; aerosmith blew them away. fuel was nothing compared to them.
    I still really like them and I love their cds. I know I sound like I can't make up my mind
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i could use a little fuel myself....
  • Options
    Carl can write a hit song...Shimmer is still my favorite.

PBM

• Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I saw them 3 or 4 times, mostly in small NJ venues and I must say that they were one of the loudest bands I have ever seen. There debut CD was awesome and the title track is my favorite Fuel song.
  • Options
    Sunburn is a great song, so is Jesus or a Gun...that debut was great.

PBM

• Options
    I fucking love the album "Something Like Human." It was one of the very first cd's I bought, which was back in 7th grade and I was first discovering music. I absolutely loved "Hemorrhage (In My Hands)." Believe it or not, at one point they were my favorite band, which was way back in the day. Then again, there are other bands that I've loved that I'm really not proud of. But anyways, I was always afraid to post here that I liked them bc it seemed like I'd get a lot of hate for liking them, don't know why. Anyway, I sort of have to like them, bc it's a sentimental thing for me, you know? Anyways, yeah, I was kinda upset when Kevin left the band. Natural Selection was a great album too!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Something Like Human is still a guilty pleasure for me. Don't walk around telling lots of people I like Fuel, but that album is pretty solid. One of the few bands that I heard mostly on "alternative" corporate radio that I decided to buy their album based on the "radio hits" alone, but I still enjoy listening to it. I remember they had a new album out recently, but never heard any single. Of course, its very rare I listen to the "alternative" corporate radio anymore due to the continuous play of Nickleback, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and their copycats
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    Something Like Human is still a guilty pleasure for me. Don't walk around telling lots of people I like Fuel, but that album is pretty solid. One of the few bands that I heard mostly on "alternative" corporate radio that I decided to buy their album based on the "radio hits" alone, but I still enjoy listening to it. I remember they had a new album out recently, but never heard any single. Of course, its very rare I listen to the "alternative" corporate radio anymore due to the continuous play of Nickleback, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and their copycats

i'm pretty sure the radio single was Falls on Me...
    i think fuel are cool so why is that a guilty pleasure? :)
    this is guilty....ari hest...i love his mushy album, Someone to Tell (songs Aberdeen, Anne Marie, Strangers Again)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more