Options

Dmb Summer Tour Dates!!!!

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
edited March 2006 in Other Music
talk about one heck of a day, new PJ info AND dave matthews dates

Dave Matthews Band Hit the Road
Matthews and Co. travel "Stand Up" The Dave Matthews Band will hit the road, in support of 2005's platinum-selling Stand Up, beginning May 30th in Maryland Heights, Missouri, wrapping up with a two-night stand in their hometown of Charlottesville, Virginia, on September 22nd and 23rd.
This is DMB's third time out for Stand Up: The band wrapped up their fall tour in December, and their 2005 summer trek spawned both the CD/DVD combo Weekend on the Rocks and the box set The Complete Weekend on the Rocks, released in November. The CD/DVD combo was filmed at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado, where the band had recorded its first live album ten years earlier.

The trek will head to thirty-seven cities across the country, with featured stops at New York's Randall Island, DMB's annual three-night stint at the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Washington, and a special stop in New Orleans for the Jazz and Heritage Festival.

Openers will include reggae newcomer Matisyahu, rockers O.A.R., and bluesy funksters G. Love and Special Sauce.

Tickets go on sale to the public on April 8th.

5/30: Maryland Heights, MO, UMB Bank Pavilion
5/31: Bonner Springs, KS, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
6/2: Noblesville, IN, Verizon Wireless Music Center
6/3: Noblesville, IN, Verizon Wireless Music Center
6/6: Clarkston, MI, DTE Energy Music Theatre
6/7: Columbus, OH, Germain Amphitheater
6/9: Burgettstown, PA, Post-Gazette Pavilion
6/10: Burgettstown, PA, Post-Gazette Pavilion
6/13: Toronto, Molson Amphitheatre
6/14: Darien Center, NY, Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
6/16: Saratoga Springs, NY, Saratoga Performing Arts Center
6/17: Saratoga Springs, NY, Saratoga Performing Arts Center
6/20: Charlotte, NC, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
6/21: Raleigh, NC, ALLTEL Pavilion at Walnut Creek
6/23: Hershey, PA, Hershey Park Stadium
6/24: Bristow, VA, Nissan Pavilion
6/27: Camden, NJ, Tweeter Center
6/28: Camden, NJ, Tweeter Center
7/1: East Troy, WI, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
7/2: East Troy, WI, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
7/4: Virginia Beach, VA, Verizon Wireless VA Beach Amphitheater
7/5: Scranton, PA, Ford Pavilion
7/7: TBA
7/8: TBA
7/28: Hartford, CT, New England Dodge Music Centre
7/29: Hartford, CT, New England Dodge Music Centre
8/1: Cincinnati, OH, Riverbend Music Center
8/2: Cuyahoga Falls, OH, Blossom Music Center
8/5: New York, Randall's Island
8/6: New York, Randall's Island
8/9: Tampa, Ford Amphitheatre
8/11: West Palm Beach, FL, Sound Advice Amphitheatre
8/12: West Palm Beach, FL, Sound Advice Amphitheatre
8/15: Atlanta, HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
8/16: Antioch, TN, Starwood Amphitheatre
8/18: Woodlands, TX, Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
8/19: Dallas, Smirnoff Music Centre
8/23: Phoenix, Cricket Pavilion
8/25: Irvine, CA, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
8/26: Chula Vista, CA, Coors Amphitheatre
8/28: Hollywood, CA, Hollywood Bowl
8/30: West Valley City, UT, USANA Amphitheatre
9/1: George, WA, Gorge Amphitheatre
9/2: George, WA, Gorge Amphitheatre
9/3: George, WA, Gorge Amphitheatre
9/6: West Sacramento, CA, Raley Field
9/8: Mountain View, CA, Shoreline Amphitheatre
9/9: Mountain View, CA, Shoreline Amphitheatre
9/12: Denver, Pepsi Center
9/22: Charlottesville, VA, John Paul Jones Arena
9/23: Charlottesville, VA, John Paul Jones Arena
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ PookPJ Pook Posts: 109
    Got that e-mail today as well. What a good day for music news. And this tour they have a Toronto date thankfully!
  • Options
    Why are they still supporting that crap Standup album. Ugh. I'd rather have them tour a greatest hits (which I wouldn't like but at least its better than standup).
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    7/7: TBA
    7/8: TBA

fenway park in boston...you can take that to the bank
  • Options
    8/25: Irvine, CA, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    8/26: Chula Vista, CA, Coors Amphitheatre

cool, i'll likely be at both of those shows
  • Options
    OAR is playing my school soon....

don't think I'll be going to that...
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    Nice, I'll hit up Scranton or NYC.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I'll be at both Pittsburgh shows. :):)

Damnit, if only they WOULDN'T support Stand Up.

Ugh! Gov't Mule is opening in Cleveland. If only that would switch to Pittsburgh!?

I might have to plan a trip to NYC over August. Bela Fleck, Gov't Mule, & DMB!?!?!!?!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    you should it up Scranton, last year it was just a big crazy party.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    whooo....hitting Toronto and Detroit!!!
  • Options
    drew0 wrote:
    I'll be at both Pittsburgh shows. :):)

Damnit, if only they WOULDN'T support Stand Up.

Ugh! Gov't Mule is opening in Cleveland. If only that would switch to Pittsburgh!?

I might have to plan a trip to NYC over August. Bela Fleck, Gov't Mule, & DMB!?!?!!?!

On the winter tour, they weren't doing too much Stand Up, so lets hope that stays the same.

Yah ... Mule opening!!! I think Mule is better on their own, with thier long sets, but you know your gonna get Warren up for Cortez and a couple more!
  • Options
    you should it up Scranton, last year it was just a big crazy party.

Pittsburgh was a huge party, too. DMB is extremely popular it seems up here in the northeast. This year is going to be special. I'm still in HS, and last year around 40 kids from my school, from just my group of friends, went down together - this year probably more. And, June 9 is our last day of school - perfect way to start off the summer :) !!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    Gay.

10 characters.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I'm finally going to able to check out the Gorge!
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Im thinking about Hershey and Bristow. Bristow is 5 minutes away, but I'd like to check out OAR, so we will see :D
  • Options
    Gay.

10 characters.

dick

10 characters
  • Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    Why are they still supporting that crap Standup album. Ugh. I'd rather have them tour a greatest hits (which I wouldn't like but at least its better than standup).
    Yeah, I'll give ya that. It's a shame that almost half the songs each night will end up being off Stand Up when their other albums are so much better (even Everyday). Nevertheless, I'm still gonna try to hit up the FL shows this year.
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    Yeah, I hope they stop the lots of stand up songs. If I have to hear Dream Girl or Stand Up...
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    Sonic19 wrote:
    Yeah, I'll give ya that. It's a shame that almost half the songs each night will end up being off Stand Up when their other albums are so much better (even Everyday). Nevertheless, I'm still gonna try to hit up the FL shows this year.

I don't think it'll be too much Stand Up...maybe if you catch the beginning of the tour you'll get more but in their winter tour I saw them in Detroit and by that point I think that we only got 3 from Stand Up. So I wounldn't worry to much.... hey in Detroit we got Two Step played as a 5th song, then Dancing Nancies>Warehouse>Linus and Lucy Jam, Too Much, Smooth Rider>Jimmy Thing>Stay>C.Song>Old Dirt Hill>WWYS and Pig as the opener! So it's still worth it to catch them is you can.
  • Options
    PJ PookPJ Pook Posts: 109
    Kricket wrote:
    whooo....hitting Toronto and Detroit!!!

I'll be right there with you at the Detroit show!
  • Options
    Sonic19 wrote:

I didn't go see them at all last year cause I didn't want to put up with those songs from Stand up at all. Hopefully this year will be different.
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    i'll pass.
  • Options
    frogwater wrote:
    i'll pass.

ok, now everyone will stop trying to convine you that you should go.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    There are a couple things I gotta say:

1) People here are bashing the band. Sure their studio albums don't appeal to everyone (and I can totally understand that), but these guys put on one of the best live performances around.

2) Sure the article says they're touring in support of their album. That's not true. They play every summer, and every night they switch up their songs. Many nights they may very easily play the majority of their songs from Crash, Under the Table and Dreaming, or like last year in Toronto when they played many songs from Before These Crowded Streets - more than any other album as I recall.

3) Stand Up (the album) sounds amazing live. The studio album doesn't compare.

Sure the band doesn't appeal to everyone, but if you don't like them don't post. These guys play one of the best shows around. I saw DMB and U2 last year around the same time and U2 didn't compare. When it comes to live performances these guys rock.

Oh, and Carter Beauford is sick!
  • Options
    No chicago shows? Wonder why...
  • Options
    No chicago shows? Wonder why...

I'd rather travel to Alpine than go to Tinley anyways.
  • Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    Kricket wrote:
    I don't think it'll be too much Stand Up...maybe if you catch the beginning of the tour you'll get more but in their winter tour I saw them in Detroit and by that point I think that we only got 3 from Stand Up. So I wounldn't worry to much.... hey in Detroit we got Two Step played as a 5th song, then Dancing Nancies>Warehouse>Linus and Lucy Jam, Too Much, Smooth Rider>Jimmy Thing>Stay>C.Song>Old Dirt Hill>WWYS and Pig as the opener! So it's still worth it to catch them is you can.
    Not to be a dick, but they ended up playing 6 Stand Up songs that night...I guess thats a good sign if you only remember 3 of em though. Just lookin through their tour stats again, 1/3 of the songs each night were from Stand Up. As cliche as it sounds, I really hope they break out their old songs for this upcoming tour.
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    Stand Up is horrible live, and in the studio. I can't stand American Baby, Stand Up, Dream Girl, or the rest of the boring poppy ballads. Hunger For The Great Light is about the only great song live, and two or three are alright. Just give me his old work. And drop the shitty stuff off of Everyday. And bring back 'So Right', one of my favorites of his from any era.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    i think Louisiana Bayou is awesome live, as is Smooth Rider, American Baby Intro is a sweet instrumental live...
    I agree that the album Stand Up is weak, and i wish they were not using the same producer for their next album, but...i'm sure some of their fans would say Binaural or No Code are crap because it isn't like "old" pearl jam