Options

New Flaming Lips

KricketKricket Posts: 707
edited February 2006 in Other Music
The Flaming Lips' new single, "Yeah Yeah Yeah Song" is due to be released as the band's first single off of "At War With The Mystics."

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2AUXU3XMAHYS92QQ0NJ48X2N3F
http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2F51FHEZO4WA42FP8VVKGLIC1P

So, what do you all think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    I thought the first single was The W.A.N.D., that's at least the one they've programmed on the radio here, kind of heavy with a 70's feel to it, not much in the line of the Yoshimi sound.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    barcoach wrote:
    I thought the first single was The W.A.N.D., that's at least the one they've programmed on the radio here, kind of heavy with a 70's feel to it, not much in the line of the Yoshimi sound.

Maybe I miss read the article, if I did then it's just new Flaming Lips, thanks.
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Just listened to it, really liked it, not sure if more or less than The W.A.N.D. Actually both tracks are pretty different, while The W.A.N.D. has electric guitars high on distortion with the distinctive powerful drums that the Lips integrate and kind of a Sabbath taste this is kind of more mellow and melodic, with acoustic guitar as basis and sweet vocal arrangements. Truthfully both of them share sort of a 70's resemblance in how they're worked out. Both promise another wonderful -and trippy- album from the Lips.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    barcoach wrote:
    Just listened to it, really liked it, not sure if more or less than The W.A.N.D. Actually both tracks are pretty different, while The W.A.N.D. has electric guitars high on distortion with the distinctive powerful drums that the Lips integrate and kind of a Sabbath taste this is kind of more mellow and melodic, with acoustic guitar as basis and sweet vocal arrangements. Truthfully both of them share sort of a 70's resemblance in how they're worked out. Both promise another wonderful -and trippy- album from the Lips.
    Nice review :)
  • Options
    neoneo Posts: 89
    love the lips.
  • Options
    I have heard the whole record, and it pretty much sounds like a bridge between Transmissions/Clouds era Lips and Yoshimi/Soft Bulletin era Lips. There is more distortion and guitar, but it isn't as crunchy as the older stuff, and they still use all kinds of weird production tricks and what not, so in that sense it is similiar to the last 2 records.

I am digging it though. It took a few listens, but it really started to grow on me.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.