Options

The Trews

Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
edited February 2006 in Other Music
A friend from work recently got my into The Trews. Their cd's are pretty good and decided to check them out last night. Wow do they ever put on a great show. Jams and great rock and roll, these guys go all out. Here's the set list:

Fire Up Ahead
Every Inambition
Fleeting Trust
Den Of Thieves
Poor Ol' Broken Hearted Me
Makin' Sunshine
Cry
Sweetness
It's Alright Ma I'm Only Bleeding--> When You Leave
So She's Leaving
Confessions--> Just My Heart Talkin'
Yearning
I Can't Say+
Stir It Up--> Tired Of Waiting--> Hey Jude--> Tired Of Waiting*
Got Myself To Blame*
Drum Solo--> Not Ready To Go--> Cum On Feel The Noize--> Not Ready To Go
Stray-->Place Your Hands-->Stray*

Encore:
Hopeless+
Ishmael And Maggie+
Whole Lotta Love*#
Rock And Roll*#

+Colin on piano and/or acoustic guitar.
*Featuring Kelly "Mr. Chill" Hoppe on harmonica.
#Featuring Serena from Oliver Black on vocals.

The ended with 2 Zeppelin songs, and was Whole Lotta Love ever tight - I recommend seeing them live, and if you're looking to try out some Canadian music I think their first full length is the best - House of Ill Fame.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    House of Ill Fame is an awesome album.....seen them once already and im goin to see them again on March 31st, it was supposed to be Feb 4 but got post-poned cause of a snow storm..but im sure the wait will be worth it.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I recently went to see them, but I wasn't that thrilled by them. THey did do some good covers, I agree with you on that, but I left feeling that they are a good bar band and nothing more.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Kricket wrote:
    I recently went to see them, but I wasn't that thrilled by them. THey did do some good covers, I agree with you on that, but I left feeling that they are a good bar band and nothing more.

In a way I agree. I wouldn't go see them at the ACC, but I saw them in a small bar, and they rocked the place. I'm not saying they're the best out there, but there's a lot of shit music around, and personally for $15 they're worth seeing.

I saw they're playing Newfoundland on the 31st of March as well. I feel bad for you guys in that if costs more more to see a concert over there. Also, Sam Roberts is playing the Delta sometime soon. I highly recommend them, and they impress me every time.
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    Saw the Trews end of Jan. - Great show. They play with lots on energy.

As for Sam Roberts, will be seeing him for 5th time next month. That'll tie with PJ for number of times seen. They are that good live.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Red Lukin wrote:
    In a way I agree. I wouldn't go see them at the ACC, but I saw them in a small bar, and they rocked the place. I'm not saying they're the best out there, but there's a lot of shit music around, and personally for $15 they're worth seeing.

I saw they're playing Newfoundland on the 31st of March as well. I feel bad for you guys in that if costs more more to see a concert over there. Also, Sam Roberts is playing the Delta sometime soon. I highly recommend them, and they impress me every time.

yah they were only 15$ here too, I still wouldn't go again though. As for Sam Roberts, I thought that they put on a great live show. I saw them in a bar aswell and I really liked them.