PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
edited November 2005 in Other Music
What ya think?!
ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    Having not heard their other two albums, I can't comment on them too much, but Howl is in my top three for this year. A great album start to finish. I hear Howl is a departure for them, so I am curious to check out their other stuff.
  • Options
    Their first two albums are very heavy guitar influenced and both are very solid rock album. neither of them compare to "Howl" imo
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Options
    I have the one with that song "whatever happened to my rocknroll" or something like that.....never could get into the whole album. I did just Itune "ain't no easy way" off of Howl and really like it.....if it is suppose to be a departure from their other maybe I should check out the rest of it.....
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    brmc is good band i dig their music howl was a great album
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    one of the greatest straightforward rock and roll bands to come out in the last several years IMO.

oh and if i haven't said it enough on the board: HOWL is hands-down the record of the year for me... absolutely LOVE that record.
  • Options
    i loved their first record and i saw them live at that time (i think 2or3 years ago).
    i also bought the second record (take them on on your own) and i thought: whatever happened....? i really loved their first record but now i don´t listen to them anymore. can´t explain why, but i think they changed their way of making music too much for me.
    i hurt myself today,
    to see if i still feel,
    i focus all the pain,
    the only thing that´s real...
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    such an underrated band, i have BRMC and Howl. BRMC has some great songs albeit there are definately some flaws in the songwriting(a lot of the songs kinda go on forever without building up to anything). Howl on the other hand, is a masterpiece. Every song is genious(besides maybe Devils Waiting and Open Invitation, that thing on the end of The Line). Besides those two minor gripes, I cant get enough of it. Shuffle Your Feet, Aint No Easy Way, Howl, Weight of the World, The Line, Sympathetic Noose...awesome songs. Theyre supposedly already working on a new album...I hope they include the outtake Steal a Ride..you can hear that on itunes but you can only get it with the whole album
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    Howl is fucking awesome
    great album, its in my list too

i've heard their first album as well, great album too, very different
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    Best band I've heard in years. Enough said.
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Just picked up "Howl", wow. Such a great album. I heard a few of their older songs on internet radio and wasn't too impressed, but I found there Myspace page and listened to a couple of the "Howl" songs and decided to buy the album. Really great stuff, I love the country/folk/blues influences throughout. They also go back and forth from country songs to indie-pop/rock songs(the difference in the first two tracks is the most obvious).

My only issue is "Fault Line" sounds exactly like a cheesy 80s power ballad(think Bon Jovi "Dead or Alive"). Not a bad song, I just can't get the image of the video for that Bon Jovi song out of my head when I listen to it.

The rest of the album is superb though.
  • Options
    been following/listening to them since 2001. Still are my favorite new band of the 21st century. They do very creative things for their fans such as letting them design t-shirts and merchandise, and letting the fans vote on the set lists.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    im starting to really admire how accessible they are...shows not being sold out instantly and just playing little theatres for the fans, its good stuff...im hopefully seein them in february
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    I saw them last September. Good times, very solid live band.

all three albums rock in their own special way.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    spread your love like a fever, don't you ever come down...!!!!yeah baby, BRMC kicks ass
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    great band!

Howl is in my top 10 best albums of 2005!
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    I saw them last September. Good times, very solid live band.

all three albums rock in their own special way.

hey i saw in mpls at the fineline
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    moloko21moloko21 Posts: 114
    i'm going to three shows in february. can't wait!
    "no, i can't give you full credit, but i'm not gonna flunk you either. you're all getting incompletes."
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I can't get into Howl. there are only a couple songs i enjoy. I was really hoping this album would be one i would really like, but it does not do much for me unfortunatly. Maybe i just need to leave it alone and come back to it later.

:(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    moloko21moloko21 Posts: 114
    intodeep wrote:
    I can't get into Howl. there are only a couple songs i enjoy. I was really hoping this album would be one i would really like, but it does not do much for me unfortunatly. Maybe i just need to leave it alone and come back to it later.

:(

don't worry, there are support groups you can join.
    "no, i can't give you full credit, but i'm not gonna flunk you either. you're all getting incompletes."
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I like Howl, good, but not great album, still good though. I just can't get into their earlier stuff though. Maybe I need some time, but they just don't seem that great as a straight forward rock band.