Options

I never thought in a million years ...

kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
edited February 2006 in Other Music
... that I would fall for the girls in Sleater-Kinney, but I have. I used to write posts in here lambasting them as an opening act. Man, was I off. After seeing them in Canada and getting more familiar with their studio albums, they rock like crazy, man. I can't get enough of The Woods right about now.

(That all said, the live shows could use a little polishing.)

I've suddenly found myself being a fan of S-K.

(Not like that out-of-shape dude who continually jumped up and down, offbeat, in the front row in Montreal, however. Anybody else recall that dude? I'm a marshmallow of a human myself, but I know not to leap in public.)
I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
(Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
Next Stop: ???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I'm the same way, I was less than impressed with my first taste of them opening on the Riot Act tour, but The Woods has moved to the top of my list of albums to get after hearing a few songs.
  • Options
    I still think they suck.
  • Options
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    I still think they suck.

Agreed!!!!!!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    I couldn't stand them until "The Woods." I still am in shock about how much I love that album. Enough to make me forgive them for butchering so many of Pearl Jam's encores during the Riot Act tour.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the voice annoys me.
    but i did see them at the BDO last month and kudos to them for actually knowing what australia day was.
    also, i was at the cinema seeing good night and good luck(quietest film ever) last month and there were some grrrls talking behind me(not during the film mind you) and they were discusssing the yeh or nay of S/K. One of them said," i know i should like them cause they're fem and all but i just can't get into them." i thought how fuckin' stupid. Then she said, " It's the same with Bikini Kill. I know I should like them but...". I felt like turning around and telling her exactly how stupid it was to listen to a band cause it's expected. shit music is just shit music and there's no way i will listen to it just because.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say