Options

Summer tours

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Am trying to figure out what concerts to go to during the summer, and am planning out my trip. Anyone know of any bands touring in the summer besides these?

PJ
Red Hot chili's (release album in may so I assume they will be touring)
Radiohead
Ben harper usually tours during the summer, but I heard he is touring in March/april for his new cd
Jack Johnson
Tool has hinted their new cd will be out this year, any know of a release date?
Anyone else????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I believe Tom Petty is going to tour again!

I heard on the radio after this recent tour that this summer will be the 25th aniversary and they want to tour again!

Plus doesnt he have a new album coming out? I remember him playing a new song.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Drive-By Truckers. They are going on the road for a few dates in Feb., bu the new album hits stores in April, so I'd like to see more dates for the summer.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    The Shins
    Built to Spill
    Flaming Lips
    Wilco

all have albums coming out all should be touring. They are all on my list. :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    I wouldn't be suprised if Ben and PJ played some shows together this summer.
    I hope they take out different openers to different cities like they did back in 98'.

Also on the horizon:

Mogwai!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Ted Leo and his crazy band of Pharmacists are heading out in early spring. Hopefully that means a new album on the way.
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    The Shins
    Built to Spill
    Flaming Lips
    Wilco

all have albums coming out all should be touring. They are all on my list. :)
    hell yes!

along with:
    PJ (of course...8-10 times)
    Radiohead
    Tool
    Foo Fighters (acoustic?)
    Paul Westerberg (hopefully!?)
    Smashing Pumpkins (reunion?)

should be an action-packed and expensive summer!
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV