HIM (or HER)

eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
edited November 2005 in Other Music
do you know them?
does the name Ville Valo ring a bell? :D

I'm not sure if they're called HIM or HER in where you live, but have you heard of them? a great band, that's what they are. :D

LOVE METAL.
"Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    I saw a video of them a few days ago... I was far from liking them, I've heard things like that made in a far better way... metal? I wouldn't call them even like that... but to each his own, I guess.
    That being said, they'll play in my country in a few days (maybe even this weekend, but I'm not sure.)
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    barcoach wrote:
    I saw a video of them a few days ago... I was far from liking them, I've heard things like that made in a far better way... metal? I wouldn't call them even like that... but to each his own, I guess.
    That being said, they'll play in my country in a few days (maybe even this weekend, but I'm not sure.)

well, their new songs are weaker than the earlier material..
    I'm guessing you saw the 'Wings of a Butterfly'-video?

and love metal is a thing they use(d) to describe their music. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • HIM it is i believe.
    I heard only one of their songs called "Right Here In My Arms" and i must say for a metal/punk/gothic band like them that is one damn good song. I choose to stay away from that kind of music though. I can just imagine how bad their other songs are.
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
    HIM it is i believe.
    I heard only one of their songs called "Right Here In My Arms" and i must say for a metal/punk/gothic band like them that is one damn good song. I choose to stay away from that kind of music though. I can just imagine how bad their other songs are.

it is a good song! :)
    and the others are too.
  • With all due respect, but HIM sucks some serious monkey balls.
    pearlwax wrote:
    With all due respect, but HIM sucks some serious monkey balls.

okay.
    you feel this way, I feel the other.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I like their music however;

They suck balls live, I have never seen a frontman who looked so bored not to mention sounded horrible, probably because he smoked about 40 cigarrettes during their short ass set. He is also, a dickhead, sorry, but he is, the rest of the band are dead on but he is an asshole, he refused to show up until everyone was inside so he didn't have to talk to anyone, unlike the rest of the band who came out while we were waitin in line.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    Binaural wrote:
    I like their music however;

They suck balls live, I have never seen a frontman who looked so bored not to mention sounded horrible, probably because he smoked about 40 cigarrettes during their short ass set. He is also, a dickhead, sorry, but he is, the rest of the band are dead on but he is an asshole, he refused to show up until everyone was inside so he didn't have to talk to anyone, unlike the rest of the band who came out while we were waitin in line.

PEACE

yeah, I know, he is a dick. (but good looking. ;) )
    it seems that all their success has finally got to him. some years back he always seemed nice..
    I've never seen them live but I've heard stories and apparently they do suck live.. :o

but the music is really really good.
    and the singer does sound great (not live apparently). :D
    eMMI wrote:
    yeah, I know, he is a dick. (but good looking. ;) )
    it seems that all their success has finally got to him. some years back he always seemed nice..
    I've never seen them live but I've heard stories and apparently they do suck live.. :o

but the music is really really good.
    and the singer does sound great (not live apparently). :D

From what I've been told he's always been up himself.
    I never got the whole Ville is good-looking thing, but hey, it'd be wrong if I did find him good looking. :p
    But yeah, I dig their albums, love Razorblade Romance, cant help it, it's catchy.

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    From what I've been told he's always been up himself.
    I never got the whole Ville is good-looking thing, but hey, it'd be wrong if I did find him good looking. :p
    But yeah, I dig their albums, love Razorblade Romance, cant help it, it's catchy.

PEACE

hmm. if he has, then I think he manages not to show it very well. :o

oh yeah.. :D but he really is good looking. and very charismatic. :p

their albums are great! I have them all except for the new one but I think it's gonna be one of my Christmas presents. :D
    Razorblade Romance is excellent. if I remember correctly, it's the first HIM album I ever got. I was like 11-12 years old. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    hmm. if he has, then I think he manages not to show it very well. :o

oh yeah.. :D but he really is good looking. and very charismatic. :p

their albums are great! I have them all except for the new one but I think it's gonna be one of my Christmas presents. :D
    Razorblade Romance is excellent. if I remember correctly, it's the first HIM album I ever got. I was like 11-12 years old. :D

Yeah, he does hide it very well, up until that show I never knew he was like that, I was a bit pissed off when I found out.
    I guess I like 'em cause their music is just so different, plus in the studio he makes his voice sound aweosme, live is a different story.

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Yeah, he does hide it very well, up until that show I never knew he was like that, I was a bit pissed off when I found out.
    I guess I like 'em cause their music is just so different, plus in the studio he makes his voice sound aweosme, live is a different story.

PEACE

he's a sneaky son of a bitch then I guess.

I haven't actually listened to them in a while. I sould. :)
    but yeah, their music is really something.. real. (love metal..?)

btw. do you have many of their albums? all? none? :D
    eMMI wrote:
    he's a sneaky son of a bitch then I guess.

I haven't actually listened to them in a while. I sould. :)
    but yeah, their music is really something.. real. (love metal..?)

btw. do you have many of their albums? all? none? :D

I've got them all, I borrowed an album from a friend and it went from there like I said his vocals (at leats on the records) are nice to listen to. If you like them then you should check out Daniel Lioneye, their guitarist's solo stuff, not bad. It's his song on the intro to Viva La Bam, "I'm gonna give you waht you need. I'm gonna make your ears bleed."

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    hmm

bought couple of albums,

thought they were terrible

i think they are some like some silly emo band or something
  • of course it's HIM, but they're from finland, you should know it, as most of 'wanna be famous' bands they made a breakthrough 5 - 6 years ago with cover of that sweety/shitty c. isaac's(if i remember well) balad 'wicked games' - in hm fashion!
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    They are just another fucking terrbile band, with shitty uninspired songs, and a terrible gimmick. That "heartagram" shit is the lamest thing ever.

And these guys do NOT deserved to be called metal. Throw them in the shit heap with atreyu
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
    Binaural wrote:
    I've got them all, I borrowed an album from a friend and it went from there like I said his vocals (at leats on the records) are nice to listen to. If you like them then you should check out Daniel Lioneye, their guitarist's solo stuff, not bad. It's his song on the intro to Viva La Bam, "I'm gonna give you waht you need. I'm gonna make your ears bleed."

PEACE

so you have the newest too? is it good?
    hmm, maybe i should check them out, thanks for the tip! :)
    perica wrote:
    of course it's HIM, but they're from finland, you should know it, as most of 'wanna be famous' bands they made a breakthrough 5 - 6 years ago with cover of that sweety/shitty c. isaac's(if i remember well) balad 'wicked games' - in hm fashion!

yeah, I know it's HIM.
    it's just that there was some commotion time ago that they'd have to be called HER in the states (and/or somewhere else) cause there already was (the) HIM or sumthin.

but yes, I do know them, goddammit, I've liked them for many many years now!
    and I happen to think that Chris Isaac cover is good.
    all of you who don't like them, fine by me.
    eMMI wrote:
    so you have the newest too? is it good?
    hmm, maybe i should check them out, thanks for the tip! :)

Yeah, it's good, but I'm still getting into it.
    The worry is that they will split up soon, I mean, HIM has really become "Ville Valo and the other guys" and I'm not sure how much longer the ret of the band can put up with it, but then hey, who knows? Hopefuly they'll sitck around, I like them.
    Yeah, Daniel Lioneye is pretty good. Like I said, ddownload the Viva La Bam theme tune and you'll see.:)

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
    Binaural wrote:
    Yeah, it's good, but I'm still getting into it.
    The worry is that they will split up soon, I mean, HIM has really become "Ville Valo and the other guys" and I'm not sure how much longer the ret of the band can put up with it, but then hey, who knows? Hopefuly they'll sitck around, I like them.
    Yeah, Daniel Lioneye is pretty good. Like I said, ddownload the Viva La Bam theme tune and you'll see.:)

PEACE

great! then it wasn't a bad idea to ask it for Christmas. :)

yeah they have.. I mean, Ville Valo has always been the one making the interviews and that but.. it just can't work that way for long.
    not too long ago there was an interview with Burton and Mige (keyboard and bass) in our (local) newspaper. it had been done specifically without VV.

but I do also hope they'll stick around. maybe they should do what Metallica did and hire a shrink. :D
    but if they start doing shitty radio friendly tunes they might aswell split then for all I care.

hmm. I've obviously heard the Viva la Bam tune when I've watched it, but I think I'm gonna get it.. :D
    eMMI wrote:
    great! then it wasn't a bad idea to ask it for Christmas. :)

yeah they have.. I mean, Ville Valo has always been the one making the interviews and that but.. it just can't work that way for long.
    not too long ago there was an interview with Burton and Mige (keyboard and bass) in our (local) newspaper. it had been done specifically without VV.

but I do also hope they'll stick around. maybe they should do what Metallica did and hire a shrink. :D
    but if they start doing shitty radio friendly tunes they might aswell split then for all I care.

hmm. I've obviously heard the Viva la Bam tune when I've watched it, but I think I'm gonna get it.. :D

Seriously? Cool, nice to see other members of the band gettin some attention and focus.
    I hope not! I love Metallica but that was a dumbass decision, I agree with Jason, if four grown men can't sit down in a room and tlak their problems out then there's no hope.
    You should, you won't regret it.

PEACE

Dublin 08/06
  • eMMI wrote:
    do you know them?

I'm not sure if they're called HIM or HER in where you live, but have you heard of them? a great band, that's what they are. :D

LOVE METAL.
    they fuckin rule.I got every album theyve done.Dark Light has its moments but imho its not their best album.Razorblade Romance is their best
    Cornell pwns u
  • I have no interest in them, but heard the "Wings of a Butterfly" song a few times now, cuz the radio station here plays it constantly...the first time I heard it, I thought it was Lenny Kravitz, (don't know if it's just that one song, or he actually sounds like him) & was very suprised that's what they sound like, I expected them to be, um 'different' judging from what I've heard about them (they are my sister's fav. & she talks about them constantly...she needs help, I know)...the music actually didn't sound too bad, but my God, what a repetitive song.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • eMMI wrote:
    do you know them?

LOVE METAL.

i'm sorry to dissapoint u eMMI but my opinion is that they (and especially that ville vaio dude) suck....but that's just me
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
    i'm sorry to dissapoint u eMMI but my opinion is that they (and especially that ville vaio dude) suck....but that's just me

you're not disspointing me, dont' worry. :)
    I understand that people don't like them, cause I don't like and never will like all the bands other people like. :D
    Binaural wrote:
    Seriously? Cool, nice to see other members of the band gettin some attention and focus.
    I hope not! I love Metallica but that was a dumbass decision, I agree with Jason, if four grown men can't sit down in a room and tlak their problems out then there's no hope.
    You should, you won't regret it.

PEACE

yup, seriously. if it wasn't in Finnish I could try and get it here somehow, but it is, so.. :D it wouldn't be that useful. :D

hmm. you're right. :) I just recently watched the Some Kind of Monster movie and I was really surprised to see that they really do act like that.. :o
    but they still make awesome music! :D:D

I will. as soon as I can! :D
    again, thanks for the tip!
    MetalGod75 wrote:
    they fuckin rule.I got every album theyve done.Dark Light has its moments but imho its not their best album.Razorblade Romance is their best

Razorblade Romance kicks ass! :D
    and so does Greatest Lovesongs vol. 666, though I don't really fancy the name. :D
    I have no interest in them, but heard the "Wings of a Butterfly" song a few times now, cuz the radio station here plays it constantly...the first time I heard it, I thought it was Lenny Kravitz, (don't know if it's just that one song, or he actually sounds like him) & was very suprised that's what they sound like, I expected them to be, um 'different' judging from what I've heard about them (they are my sister's fav. & she talks about them constantly...she needs help, I know)...the music actually didn't sound too bad, but my God, what a repetitive song.

Lenny Kravitz!? :eek: :D
    well, I certainly have not heard his voice in any lennykravitzy way. :D
    but we all hear things a little differently. :)
  • nepalnepal Posts: 143
    The first album I kind of liked, but everything after that has been pretty much a rubbish. Nowadays their sound is closer to boyband than metal. It´s so sad that there are (and has been) so many better bands and artists in Finland than HIM but people just don´t know them, for example:

Lapko (<- takes part in this years Global Battle Of Bands) (http://www.lapko.com)
    Disco Ensemble (http://www.discoensemble.com)
    Kingston Wall (http://themirrorland.tk/)
    Quintessence
    Giant Robot (http://www.giantrobot.fi) song Public=shopping: http://www.olympusamerica.com/Downloads/Songs/Giant_Robot_Public=Shopping.mp3
    Nuspirit Helsinki
    Paleface
    The Flaming Sideburns (http://www.theflamingsideburns.com)
    ...the dreams ain't broken down here now,
    they're walking with a limp