Options

Attention Toadies fans, their last show (possible dvd/ documentary

red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
edited March 2006 in Other Music
The show was great!! Here are some of the songs they played, (The setlist is not in the exact order).
I come from the water (the opener)
Quitter
Backslider
Motivational
Away
Mexican Hairless
Little Sin
Possum Kingdom
Push the hand
Mister Love
Happy face
Dollskin
Hot legs (rod stewart)
I burn
Tyler
There were also some songs off Pleather played, as well as maybe a few more off of Hell below/stars above I forgot to list.
The PIT was nuts. I was first row on the barracade, until security pulled me out right after Backslider. Aside from getting bumped, bruised, Pegged with plastic beer bottles, almost elbowed in the face 2 or 3 times, and getting kicked by crowd surfer's trying to surf their way out from 5 rows back... the show was great. There will be a dvd, and I hope I am on it, since I was stage front for 4 sons, I probably will be. Unless I made the cutting room floor!! (LOL!!) The show was great.
PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    skipshotskipshot Posts: 33
    I was really looking forward to this show, but after finding out my wife was pregnant earlier this week then getting down there and seeing how long the damn line was just to get in, and also seeing how it was mostly a bunch of drunk college kids (which about 2 years ago, I was as well), we decided it was best not to go and sold our tickets. I'm glad the show turned out well...the setlist looks great. But now I'm glad we didn't risk it. Although it would have been nice for my unborn little dude/dudette to have gotten the chance to hear the Toadies lvie, In Utero, I think it's best that we didn't risk some asshole kicking my wife in the stomach and ruining his/her chance at living.

Glad to hear it was a good show. I've been waiting to hear what the set list was like. I'm hopin' they'll put together another reunion show in the next year or so.
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I love Toadies.
    Let us know if there is a DVD released.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    i am jealous. their last show, huh? that sucks. i saw them a few years ago in a little club in ft. myers, FL. they were so good. they played just about every song they had released, including "paper dress" from the crow 2 soundtrack. after the show they hung out in front of the club signing auto's and just chillin'. it was one of the best show experiences ive ever had.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    red mos wrote:
    The show was great!! Here are some of the songs they played, (The setlist is not in the exact order).
    I come from the water (the opener)
    Quitter
    Backslider
    Motivational
    Away
    Mexican Hairless
    Little Sin
    Possum Kingdom
    Push the hand
    Mister Love
    Happy face
    Dollskin
    Hot legs (rod stewart)
    I burn
    Tyler
    There were also some songs off Pleather played, as well as maybe a few more off of Hell below/stars above I forgot to list.
    The PIT was nuts. I was first row on the barracade, until security pulled me out right after Backslider. Aside from getting bumped, bruised, Pegged with plastic beer bottles, almost elbowed in the face 2 or 3 times, and getting kicked by crowd surfer's trying to surf their way out from 5 rows back... the show was great. There will be a dvd, and I hope I am on it, since I was stage front for 4 sons, I probably will be. Unless I made the cutting room floor!! (LOL!!) The show was great.

I did not even know they were still around after possum Kingdom...... Who knew?

I liked that album, it was decent... Are the latter years better/worse?
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    I did not even know they were still around after possum Kingdom...... Who knew?

I liked that album, it was decent... Are the latter years better/worse?
    Hell Below/Stars above is worth checking out. The album is great, but unfortunately was not near as commercially successfull as their Rubberneck debut. Pleather was a 5 song EP that was released probably before rubberneck, but got more recognition after the Toadies got big. They also have a live album called- Best of Toadies:Live from Paradise, which was their last show of their final U.S. tour on May 10th 2002 and was recorded at the Paradise in Boston, MA. It is a great album, containing no overdubs, and a cover of Where is my mind? by the Pixies.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12