Options

New Ben Harper!!

pjdude24pjdude24 Posts: 19
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Wassup!

Anyone get the new Ben Harper cd "Both Sides of the Gun". It's incredible and it is much better than "Diamonds on the Inside" (which was still a pretty good album). The choice of funk, classic rock, and nice songwriting really amalgamated into a nice album. What is everyone's thoughts?

Peace
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    agreed...excellent cd. i bought the "deluxe" version with the extra disc, and for once it was in fact worth it.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I still haven't been able to get into the love disc as much as the other one. I really like the political disc though, it is quite good. A few songs on the love disc are good, but overall it is noting special. Overall it is better than I expected, I prefer Diamonds on the Inside more though.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    my favorite harper album

the political disc is fuckin awesome

the love disc...a few great songs, some good ones, and some fillers
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I just bought the album a couple days ago and I love it. Very diverse song styles, great lyrics, and an overall great blend of music. That one funk song off the political disc is great. Very good album indeed.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    I just scored a couple of Tickets to see him in Raleigh...I'm going to pick up his new disc today....I can't wait...