Options

Shh keep it secret.

ChaenChaen Posts: 36
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Does anyone have a band they are embarressed to say they like or a band you dont want people knowing you like? im sure everyone has one. For me it's Alkaline Trio I used to love them back in seventh and eighth grade I loved them. Now i realize they are apart of this whole pop punk thing which is annoying as hell because every new "punk" band that comes out is just some whinny emo good charrlotte piece of shit band. But I think i will listen to Alkaline Trio in my closet till i die. (i dont like them half as much as i love Pearl Jam) but they are my little secret.
San Diego 2003
Grand Rapids 2004

Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music

Tattooed your name on my arm i always said my girls a good luck charm.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Nothing wrong with Alkaline Trio at all. And I don't really see them as part of the pop punk genre. They are what I'd call a band of the broken. Very depressing, macabre lyrics, but they are too well written to be pop punk. And Crimson has earned them the best critical reviews of their careers.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    I am obsessed with Wham. There I said it.
    I will feel....alive....as long as I'm freeeeeeee...
  • Options
    I liked Bon Jovi alot when i saw them ni 2003, but then i saw them on this tour they are on now.. and it was real garbage. It sucks because they have some really good songs ("Two Story Town","Next 100 years","My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms")... but youll never see them performed, because they have to cater to the 45 year old women who wanna hear "Runaway" every damn night..
    Reading, PA
    Washington DC
    Montreal
    Ottawa
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Philadelphia, PA
    New York, NY
    Albany, NY
    Hartford, CT
    Camden, NJ
    Camden, NJ
    Washington DC
    E Rutherford, NJ
    E Rutherford, NJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The Gorge
    The Gorge
    Honolulu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I tend to like particular songs and really don't pay attention to who does them. I just know what I like in a song.
    Like, I never thought about it, but when AC/DC comes on the radio, they pump me up. My kids noticed it and said, "mom do you know you like AC/DC"? I was like...no...do I? They then had to tell me what songs they do, and yeah I like them. That was many years ago that they pointed this out.
    So, yeah I like lots of music and some people walk away scratching their heads.
    I guess that a lot about PJ, cuz they are probably only one of a handful that I like all their music. I like the style, presentation. lyrics, and just excellent music capabilities.
    They are excellent musicians, but not all excellent musicians end up with excellent music. They do!
    Save room for dessert!