Options

Tom Petty experts please help me out

mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
edited April 2006 in Other Music
ok so I need to bone up for the St. Paul shows and need to know what I need to know.

I have the following: greatest hits, wildflowers, full moon fever and have echo, damn the torpedos and southern accents on order. is there anything else I should get to have a good understanding of the catologue? like am I missing any key albums?
"I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    I'm by no means an expert, but Long After Dark and Hard Promises are both amazing.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    get to know "GGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIAAAAAAA!"

a great tune they do usually in their encores....not sure what album its on, if its on an album of theres at all actually. You should probably brush up on 50s rock by artists like Chuck Berry. They love covering those oldies and its creates quite a good time.
    What?!? No, We can't stop here, this is bat country.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Get the High Grass Dogs dvd. Its recorded at the Fillmore. Kickass dvd.
  • Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    into the great wide open is a really good album. i think there's a live album with a cover of 'needles and pins' i had it 10 years ago... who knows now:)
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I've always thought that "The Last DJ" was a really good album. I don't know how frequently they play songs off this album, it's great start to finish. The whole album is about money and music. Good for the summertime especially.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    pjfan020 wrote:
    I've always thought that "The Last DJ" was a really good album. I don't know how frequently they play songs off this album, it's great start to finish. The whole album is about money and music. Good for the summertime especially.

I passed on this one because I heard nothing but negative feedback in regards to it.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    All you need is "Greatest Hits" and whatever his new album is. Cause, that's all he'll play. Trust me.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    bump

10 club
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    bump it like the black eyed peas
    Chris Cornell

• Options
    his live shows seem to be very hits-oriented...very standard. check out the setlists on his website.

i'm hoping he'll do some Handle With Care at the st. paul shows...ed could join in too :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    his live shows seem to be very hits-oriented...very standard. check out the setlists on his website.

i'm hoping he'll do some Handle With Care at the st. paul shows...ed could join in too :)

good call I second this for sure
    Chris Cornell