Options

Dirty Pretty Things

barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
edited February 2006 in Other Music
Last night I had the chance to see live former Libertines Carl Barat's new band, Dirty Pretty Things. They sounded great and gave tons of energy. The songs are not so much a departure from The Libertines' sound, but guess one could expect that since the band is almost like The Libertines without Doherty. Some tunes clearly still need to be worked out, but the group gave a tight performance with a couple of Libertines songs.
Carl Barat is a charismatic powerful front man.
Really, keep your eyes open for their debut, it won't bring anything new, but just solid, energetic, straight rockin' tunes.
Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
-The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
although, God knows, I may not have met her"
-J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    Ive only heard Bang Bang Rock N Roll but really liked it. I look forward to their album!
  • Options
    PaulJam wrote:
    Ive only heard Bang Bang Rock N Roll but really liked it. I look forward to their album!

More like Bang Bang You're Dead, and yeah if they manage to capture the energy of their live show on record, then is gonna be one of the rawest blasting rock albums this year.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

-J. Strummer

• Options
    i heard and loved 'Bang bang you're dead' and i'm quite looking forward to hearing the album when it's done.

More importantly- which Libs songs did they play?
    Situations get fucked up and turned around sooner or later...
  • Options
    Mr Pyjama wrote:
    i heard and loved 'Bang bang you're dead' and i'm quite looking forward to hearing the album when it's done.

More importantly- which Libs songs did they play?

Just a couple, they closed the night with a rabid version of I Get Along, previous to that I think they sang something out of the Libs' 2nd album, not sure what song, and think also a slow tune -only guitar and voice- that I'm not sure on which of both albums is included.
    Actually I Get Along and the single (Bang, bang) got the best response from the crowd, though it must be said everyone was cheerful with the new songs.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

-J. Strummer