Options

Fear of Music

barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
edited February 2006 in Other Music
I urge anybody with some good taste and/or interest in the development of modern music to grab yourself a copy of the newly remastered edition of the album Fear of Music by Talking Heads.
Now, I should tell you that I'm far from being a Talking Heads fan, I've been hesitant towards their work through all my musical life, this is like the second release from them I spend money in, and don't regret it at all, this album is really something else, this is shaking stuff, haunting and rocking at the same tame.
Could give you more reasons to get this right now, but I prefer Mr. Lester Bangs do the talking here http://www.talking-heads.net/fomlester.html
Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
-The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
although, God knows, I may not have met her"
-J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Yup, I have avoided them like the plague my whole musical life also. I have never owned anything or really listened to them. I have no explanation for it other than Burning Down the House came out when I was nothing but a metal freak.

Fear of Music huh? Ok. Here we go.
  • Options
    The Heads fucking rule. If you do not own it, go get Stop Making Sense right fucking now! Now.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    Dick Jones wrote:
    The Heads fucking rule. If you do not own it, go get Stop Making Sense right fucking now! Now.

yeah, the dvd, that movie is great. which reminds me I actually have 3 talking heads items: the fear of music cd, the stop making sense dvd and the name of this band is TH, which by the way, if you're already at the music store, get this one as well, the 2 versions of Drugs (Electricity) alone make it worth getting. so many "new" bands could get some great lessons from listening/watching this stuff... well, maybe they already had them... but they got it all wrong.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

-J. Strummer

• Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Fear of Music is fantastic. Just wanted to throw that out.
  • Options
    transplant wrote:
    Fear of Music is fantastic. Just wanted to throw that out.

Glad you enjoyed it, transplant. Yeah it's great, isn't it? Among my favorites: Cities, Memories Can't Wait, Drugs and of course my particular fave TH's track: Heaven.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

-J. Strummer