Options

Born in the US Vol. 2.

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited January 2006 in Other Music
In last months Mojo magazine I got one of the best cd I ever got with a magazine. It was all to do with some of last years best American artist's. Most of these I hadn't heard of. I am going to ask about some of the artists so here it goes.
Ray Lamontagne Jolene. A brillant song and some super vocals . Has he an album out and is it any good.
Land locked bright eyes. heard the album. Pretty good. Road to joy is brillant and very Dylanese in its descriptive manner.
Joanna Newsom Sprout and Bean . She has a brillant voice. Is she a light skinned black women ? If she is I saw her on Jools Holland and she was great.
Sufjan Stevens John Wayne Gracy jr. I have heard of him not heard him but he has a great voice and again has he an album out?
Rosie Thomas pretty Dress. She sounds like a mix of Alanis Morrissette and Kate Bush , good song.
Kelly Stolz The sun came through. Amazing sound , adore it. Again please them me he has an album out?
Sooner rick james . I like My morning jacket so this was too my liking
Heart of Snow Black Mountain. I taught these were Canadian but great sound. Same as above about the album question. There was more songs on the album but these were my favourites.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    I'm a huge Bruce fan and got that Mojo issue due to the advise of a board member -thanks B!-, I got only vol. 1, couldn't find vol. 2, but the artists selection looked pretty impressive... I actually haven't heard cd1, but it should be nice some classic american songwritters there.
    About Sufjan Stevens, just yesterday I got his album Illinoise, I haven't finished listening to the entire thing, but the guy yeah, has a very touching voice and a wonderful sense of melody, though I think the instrumentation on certain tracks could've been stronger, I'm still not sure if he deserves album of the year by both amazon.com and pitchforkmedia.com, but sure it's a fine record. John Wayne Gacy Jr. is simply a mesmerizing song.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    chris3chris3 Posts: 43
    Ray LaMontagne does have and album out. Its called Trouble.....and its fucking great .....one of my favs of this year. He also has an EP called Live at Bonnaroo 2005. I have not heard it, but i did see him at the XMAS JAM in Asheville and you could hear a pin drop during his performance...he was excellent.
  • Options
    fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Joanna Newsom it wasn't her i saw it was corrine bailey rae. their voices are kind of similar.
    I must get Ray's album . His voice is amazing.