HIM (or HER)

2»

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    nepal wrote:
    The first album I kind of liked, but everything after that has been pretty much a rubbish. Nowadays their sound is closer to boyband than metal. It´s so sad that there are (and has been) so many better bands and artists in Finland than HIM but people just don´t know them, for example:

Lapko (<- takes part in this years Global Battle Of Bands) (http://www.lapko.com)
    Disco Ensemble (http://www.discoensemble.com)
    Kingston Wall
    Quintessence
    Giant Robot
    Nuspirit Helsinki
    Paleface
    The Flaming Sideburns

hmm. I don't agree with you on the rubbish part but I'd say the quality has gone down..

but I do agree on that that there are good finnish bands nobody knows about. like the ones you mentioned.
    although haven't heard all of them, but I have heard of them. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    They played Mexico City this last weekend... a person of the audience phoned the radio this morning to say "I have never seen a singer so cold or indifferent towards his crowd", and I assume this came from a fan...
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    nepal wrote:
    Kingston Wall

now, that's a great Finnish band... would like to have more stuff by them.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
    barcoach wrote:
    now, that's a great Finnish band... would like to have more stuff by them.

yeah. my friend played me some songs from KW. good good. :D

but isn't one of them dead? that's why they quit. :o
    but I heard they're releasing some album. (or have released it)
    but I can't remember if it was live or what.. :o
    and I dunno if it's gonna be released in other places than Finland..
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    barcoach wrote:
    They played Mexico City this last weekend... a person of the audience phoned the radio this morning to say "I have never seen a singer so cold or indifferent towards his crowd", and I assume this came from a fan...

yeah, I've heard the singer sucks live. :o
    which is a shame.
  • nepalnepal Posts: 143
    eMMI wrote:
    yeah. my friend played me some songs from KW. good good. :D

but isn't one of them dead? that's why they quit. :o
    but I heard they're releasing some album. (or have released it)
    but I can't remember if it was live or what.. :o
    and I dunno if it's gonna be released in other places than Finland..

Kingston Wall was one of the best rock bands ever existed. Singer/Guitarist Petri Walli committed a suicide in jun 1995 and that finally ended the bands career, although the band had decided to split up already in dec 1994.

About a month ago was released a live album called The Real Live Thing, which includes various performances by the band over the years.

Comparing HIM and Kingston Wall, is like comparing Limp Bizkit and Pearl Jam. I suggest you listen to all the three studio albums that KW released and then think again how good HIM really is, is it really worth a topic in Pearl Jam forum? It really does´nt matter which album you start, but my personal favorite is II. You can also get all the three studio albums from amazon.
    ...the dreams ain't broken down here now,
    they're walking with a limp
    nepal wrote:
    Kingston Wall was one of the best rock bands ever existed. Singer/Guitarist Petri Walli committed a suicide in jun 1995 and that finally ended the bands career, although the band had decided to split up already in dec 1994.

About a month ago was released a live album called The Real Live Thing, which includes various performances by the band over the years.

Comparing HIM and Kingston Wall, is like comparing Limp Bizkit and Pearl Jam. I suggest you listen to all the three studio albums that KW released and then think again how good HIM really is, is it really worth a topic in Pearl Jam forum? It really does´nt matter which album you start, but my personal favorite is II. You can also get all the three studio albums from amazon.

I'm not compairing anything to anything.
    and, I have heard some KW and I think they're really good.
    and I still like HIM and feel they're worth a topic here.

when I have the time and the money, maybe I will get the albums. :)