Options

Omg My Morning Jacket - Philly - Electric Factory

pearljam_addictionpearljam_addiction Posts: 668
edited December 2006 in Other Music
i dont want to over sell this or anything but i think i might have just witnessed the greatest performance i have ever seen Live . words cant describe right now how fucking amazing MMJ were tonite, incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    This show was incredible. Really enjoyed it. They are so good live.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    setlist?
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    good, not great.

i dunno what it is, but they just dont sound the same without john and danny.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    Yeah, Pearl Jam was always my favorite act live but after last night, My Morning Jacket proved they are in a league of their own....the Dancefloors then Magheeta toward the end of the set was amazing. I didn't think either song was going to end and the energy was unreal. Off the Record in the encore was nuts as well.
    What?!? No, We can't stop here, this is bat country.
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    It was a great show last night. They play with such a unique power. I only wish it was not so crowded last night. But it was good for the band to have such support. If only they could get some national acclaim so people stop asking who they are when I talk about them.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    brainofPjB wrote:
    Yeah, Pearl Jam was always my favorite act live but after last night, My Morning Jacket proved they are in a league of their own....the Dancefloors then Magheeta toward the end of the set was amazing. I didn't think either song was going to end and the energy was unreal. Off the Record in the encore was nuts as well.
    The energy during those songs was just incredible...and uh oh...I did feel the bass go up inside me :eek:
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    The energy during those songs was just incredible...and uh oh...I did feel the bass go up inside me :eek:

yeah im totally preggers after lastnight, seriously though im still reeling from the show, i mean it was the best show i have ever seen from any band, it was so magical. i really wish they had a two night stand in philly like some cities got. i was alittle upset that i didnt get to hear my favorite song ( steamengine) maybe because they played it at the four shows before it , and hey i have been to over ten pj shows and i have yet to hear my favorite from them ( indifference).

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

• Options
    this wasnt even close to being one of their best shows.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    setlist anyone?
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:
    setlist anyone?

beats
    gideon
    wonderful
    one big
    laylow
    phone
    dondante
    needed
    at dawn
    golden
    lowdown
    sings
    dancefloors
    mahgeetah
    they ran

wordless
    record
    i will sing
    run thru
    anytime
  • Options
    beats
    gideon
    wonderful
    one big
    laylow
    phone
    dondante
    needed
    at dawn
    golden
    lowdown
    sings
    dancefloors
    mahgeetah
    they ran

wordless
    record
    i will sing
    run thru
    anytime

i was really happy they played Lowdown and Phone Goes West

• Options
    this wasnt even close to being one of their best shows.

yup, not even close. bonnaroo 2006, 2005, 2004, sf fillmore shows last year, probably dozens of others beat that show.

they didnt play steam engine, xmas curtain, cobra. no covers. sound wasn't good, etc. i think it was the third of three shows in a row, his voice showed it.

i mean they're a phenomenal live band, but that was a very very very average show. just my opinion. glad u enjoyed it.
    "mike mccready...and he just played
    ALL the notes" -EV from OK '03
  • Options
    i'm with you mikeismyhero. average show.

i saw them in louisville in 03 and it was probably the 2 best shows they have done.
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    love phone went west...didn't get it in indy (or at dawn) MMJ are freaking amazing. I'm so thankful I was turned on to them by pj
  • Options
    i'm with you mikeismyhero. average show.

i saw them in louisville in 03 and it was probably the 2 best shows they have done.

i understand where you guys are comming from, but i have never seen them before live in this enviroment besides opening for pj. this was a small club atmosphere unlike the huge ampitheater i saw them at with pj. to me they were fucking amazing, i know i dont have like 12 or more shows under my belt and i know i didnt see them back in 05,04,03, etc but this show might have been average to you guys, but for me it was so much more, it was incredible to see a band i have so much respect for and who play such great music just fucking blow my mind. Plus no one ever said ti was their best show, just that it was an awesome one for us there, so try not being so negative and bringing down everyone's joy and positivity

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    looks like a nice setlist.. so jealous that MMJ seem to never tour Australia would give up red meat to see them live. They put on a great live show. Would have preferred them to open up for PJ than KOL even.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I just got tickets for MMJ at the Crystal Ballroom
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Download Roo 06 from archive.org. This setlist is amazing as was the show.

Crazy shit. Phone Went West is my new favorite song besides Run Thru.

Check this out too. Real Cool

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=224440
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV