Options

Cowboy Junkies - Early 21st. Century Blues

barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
edited January 2006 in Other Music
So, yesterday I was looking for a record to use as gift... I didn't find it, but instead happened to find the latest Cowboy Junkies album, now this is a band that always interested me but never really took the time to get into their albums. I had listened a Springsteen cover out of this new album and to my surprise I saw there was an other Bruce song included and the record was almost all covers. Since I saw Natural Born Killers and heard their performance of Lou Reed's Sweet Jane I thought this band was great doing covers. So, I got the album, put it on the cd player and I was amazed with some of the finest music done in 2005, these guys really know how to do songs of others their own, and they're pretty skilled at their game, they create intimate atmospheres that provide these songs with new life making the album title very apropiated. These are really some of the best early 21st. century blues, and the band is just amazing on the treatment they give, everything seems to be so much in its place, there's nothing I'd take out from this album. Among the songs included are the 2 from Bruce (You're Missing, Brothers Under the Bridge), Bob Dylan (Licence to Kill), U2 (One), plus songs from Richie Havens, a couple of originals and other traditional blues. After a couple of listens this went straight to my best 10 albums from 2005 list. Really, worth every penny you pay for it, give it a try. If you like excellent music, you won't be disappointed.
Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
-The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
although, God knows, I may not have met her"
-J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BoofBoof Posts: 5
    If you liked that I would recommend
    Pale Sun, Crescent moon
    Lay it Down
    Black Eyed Man

All of those are incredible!
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Also get your hands on One Soul Now, their finest collection of songs, it's such a consistant & good album.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen