Options

Coachella Music Festival On Big Screen

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited January 2006 in Other Music
these are really cool to see on the big screens- I saw the SPRINGSTEEN Odeon Hammersmith Concert from 1975/ London England when the BTR 30th Anniv was released --

thios festival is jam packed with many different artists., but regrettabley no PJ .

heres a link :http://www.bigscreenconcerts.com/subpage/index.asp?EventID=569&code=coachellaAlloyBlast :D

enjoy !
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    They included The Arcade Fire performance from this past year, and that alone makes this worth checking out.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    This is awesome thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I'm going!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    i wonder if they plan on bringing it to dvd, it sounds good
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    I can't wait to watch it! I wonder how long they are going to show it in the Bay Area. I need to relive the Pixies and Radiohead performances, b/c I still can't believe we were there!!! :eek:
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I can't wait to watch it! I wonder how long they are going to show it in the Bay Area. I need to relive the Pixies and Radiohead performances, b/c I still can't believe we were there!!! :eek:

I think it is a one night thing Jan 24th
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Anyone else catch this last night? I thought it was pretty cool. I'm was excited to see radiohead and the flaming lips because they should be touring this year and those are two bands i have not seen i will definately see this year.

I was disapointed in the Mars Volta song... I've seen them a couple times and they always have sounded better then the song they played on there.

I love the Arcade fire. I saw them almost a year ago today so seeing that clip bought back fond memories.

Plus the little commentary from the bands in between were cool and Noel Gallager (however you spell his name) sounded like a fool and i'm pretty sure that is what they were going for :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    intodeep wrote:
    I think it is a one night thing Jan 24th

Actually, they showed it in San Francisco b/f Jan. 24th. They have been playing that movie since Jan. 20th and it will end Jan. 26th. so anyone in the Bay Area can DEFINITELY catch it b/f tomorrow :D I saw it last Friday. :)

I thought it was good, they left a lot of stuff out, like Death Cab, Coldplay, Beck?! I can't wait til the next coachella and the announcement comes next week!! wohoohoo!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I agree with Meddle, I thought it was OK but I also thought they left out a lot of bands waaaay worthy of mention. I mean Coachella over ALL the years? I know that's a lot to cover in a few hours but it really seemed like some pretty basic ones were left out.

Anyways, watching it did bring back amazing memories of 2004, made me regret even more not going last year and made me beyond anxious to go this year! :D I especially enjoyed RADIOHEAD, BJORK, RHCP and THE WHITE STRIPES. I also liked how they interviewd band members and random Coachella peeps. They did a good job of capturing the greatness of the entire Coachella experience...beyond the music.

YES... can't wait to find out who's playing this year. :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••