Options

<<<---Pack Up The Cats--->>>

Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Ok, I know some of you on here are Local H fans, and some of you are not. If you are not, you seriously need to check this album out. It came out in 1998 [i think] and stands as one of my favorite albums ever. The flow of this album is amazing, from beginning to end. You are missing out if you do not take my word. Big time.
Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Here Comes the Zoo is my favorite however I support your thread.
  • Options
    I hear you with HCTZ, that one is also amazing.

What did you think of PJ Soles?
  • Options
    Dick Jones wrote:
    What did you think of PJ Soles?
    well son of a bitch, I sure let that one fall thru the cracks. I don't have it. What do you think of it? They are one of the few bands I don't want to change their style. I wasn't a huge fan of Ham Fisted but everything else is golden. Do I need to pick PJ Soles up?
  • Options
    I like Local H. Haven't got PJ soles either, but yeah, love the albums you've mentioned. Very underrated and nearly forgotten about nowadays. But who cares, they're still rocking.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • Options
    Pack up the cats is my favorite H album.

Laminate Man!
  • Options
    I thought PJ Soles was a fantastic album. A little more experimental I guess you could say. But nothing to over the top. A couple of epic burners with Buffalo Trace and That's What They All Say, both songs are fucking amazing. TWTAS goes from a quite intro to a massive guitar attack, droning riff, then it just goes into a trance, it sounds like you are diving into hell. Money On The Dresser is a rocker, balls to the walls with a kick ass blues harp. Everyone Alive is a catchy tune, cool 'anthem song. Dick Jones, obviously one of my favorites off the record. I love Hey Rita, for some reason I love to drink to it. I could go on like this for a while, so I'll stop because I've realized it. Go out and buy it, or atleast DL a few of the chops to see if you like it.

Suggestions:

Buffalo Trace
    That's What They All Say
    Dick Jones
    Everyone Alive
    How's The Weather Down There?
  • Options
    nicely done there Jones. I can tell by your enthusiasm that I need it.
  • Options
    You Got It!

I just jammed out to HCTZ while I was mowing the lawn. Damn that album pounds. And any album with a Homme appearance is gonna be awesome.
  • Options
    MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    Great album! :D

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    their new live album, "Live '05" is awesome. shows pff what they do best. greast cover is Toxic by Britney Spears as well.
  • Options
    Did any of you guys get a chance to listen to PJ Soles yet???
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    yeah its really good, hell they all are.