Options

Tailgating in Hartford

PJbauer88PJbauer88 Posts: 87
edited April 2008 in The Porch
so whats the deal? there were earlier threads about this where people said tailgating is banned at the dodge center. did anyone confirm this?

also, 3 of my friends and i will be driving from michigan and we're all 20. underage drinking laws are pretty strict here, and i was wondering how they are in connecticut. will there be cops wandering around breathalizing anyone who might not pass for 21?

one more question... hows security once we get into the amphitheater? do they care about weed?

as you can see, i really dont want to get busted and have this amazing experience get ruined. if necessary we'll just stay sober; you obviously dont need chemicals to enjoy a pj show. thanks for any feedback you guys could provide!
drowning, drinking the light
god's eyes are closed, just like yours
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    In 2006 we tailgated and there was definitley a police presence but they were pretty much leaving people alone. At least in the area we were in. As far as the doobies I burned freely at my 10c seats. Hope this helps, just use common sense and I think you and your boys will have a great time.
    9/28/2004 9/29/2004 10/1/2004 9/13/2005 9/15/2005 9/16/2005 9/19/2005 9/20/2005 5/12/2006 5/13/2006 5/24/2006 5/25/2006 5/27/2006 5/28/2006 6/1/2006 6/3/2006 6/16/2008 6/19/2008 6/20/2008 6/24/2008 6/25/2008 6/27/2008 6/30/2008 8/7/2008
  • Options
    Seriously, do you guys really feel the need to get high and drunk before the show?
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Driving from Michigan? Where in? Take me?
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Seriously, do you guys really feel the need to get high and drunk before the show?

rather...dont you think, that you have to be 21 years old to be able to have a beer is complete nonsense? i do
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,217

yes. is that a problem?

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    at this venue, just make sure you have plastic cups to put your booze in while in the parking lot. just don't be stupid about it and you'll be all set. on the lawn, you can do anything but the seats are like any other venue with security guards around so be carful.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    there are private (business) lots adjacent to the venue where you can park and hang as well and won't be bothered. MANY people park there and are not hassled. get there early and you'll be fine.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008

Why the hell not?
    Is it going to be bothering you?
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906

Getting high before a show is normal. Having a few beers at a tailgate party before the show will not get anyone drunk unless your 10 lbs. Its just having fun before a show.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093

I do
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options

If loving a brew is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
    Raleigh '03; Hartford '08; Mansfield II '08; Buffalo '10; Hartford '10;
    East Troy I '11; East Troy II '11; DeLuna Fest '12; Wrigley '13; Buffalo '13;
    Toronto II '16; Wrigley I '16; Wrigley II '16; Wrigley I '18; Wrigley II '18;
    Asbury Park '21; MSG '22; Camden '22
  • Options
    You do whatever you want to do! I personally think it is very stupid to get "wasted" and "high" before the show and some people get so wasted that they don't even remember the show, and not only that, they get so stupid that get into fights and all that nonsense. On the other hand, if you don't exaggerate and have a couple of drinks, I will probably have some too, everyone should have a great time.
  • Options
    You do whatever you want to do! I personally think it is very stupid to get "wasted" and "high" before the show and some people get so wasted that they don't even remember the show, and not only that, they get so stupid that get into fights and all that nonsense. On the other hand, if you don't exaggerate and have a couple of drinks, I will probably have some too, everyone should have a great time.

Smoking the good stuff enhances the show, the music, and the whole experience.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    - I do agree that the drinking age here in the US is ridiculous, being from Brazil, the drinking age and legal age there is 18, and I believe other countries do the same.

- Illegal drugs, I don't like, never did, it is stupid in my opinion.

I socially drink and smoke cigarettes and I do not have a problem with people getting drugged or wasted, that's there problem, do whatever you want to do as long as you don't bother me!
  • Options
    - I do agree that the drinking age here in the US is ridiculous, being from Brazil, the drinking age and legal age there is 18, and I believe other countries do the same.

I socially drink and smoke cigarettes and I do not have a problem with people getting drugged or wasted, that's there problem, do whatever you want to do as long as you don't bother me!

Smoking weed is surely safer than drinking alcohol. I think it's time it was legalized.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Whatever!!!

Smoking weed is surely safer than drinking alcohol. I think it's time it was legalized.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008

I'd rather smoke pot than smoke cigarettes, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Whatever!!!

It's true. How many people do you know die each year from driving under the influence of weed, rather than alcohol? Most people who smoke weed would rather sit on their couch and eat ice cream and watch movies. :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    If loving a brew is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

LMFAO !

cigarettes are real dirty and certainly very stoopid...IMO
  • Options
    I totally agree with you! This happens because people abuse the alcohol. I am not a big alcohol person either and I barely drink, only when I go out with friends or to concerts I will have 1 drink or maybe 2, but I don't get wasted! Now with weed, I just don't see the point. This is my opinion, and you have yours!

It's true. How many people do you know die each year from driving under the influence of weed, rather than alcohol? Most people who smoke weed would rather sit on their couch and eat ice cream and watch movies. :)
  • Options
    I totally agree with you! This happens because people abuse the alcohol. I am not a big alcohol person either and I barely drink, only when I go out with friends or to concerts I will have 1 drink or maybe 2, but I don't get wasted! Now with weed, I just don't see the point. This is my opinion, and you have yours!

Okie dokie :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options

i dont HAVE to get messed up for the show. i said that if necessary (if the cops/security are super intense) i will stay sober because pearl jam makes me high as fuck anyway.

and on the subject of marijuana... its been used by humans since the neolithic era and no one has ever died directly from it. it is definitely psychologically addictive, though, just because it's so much fun, you can drive on it, it's effects are completely gone after a maximum of about 4 hours, and there's no hangover, so people take it for granted and do it every day. that, the laziness factor, and respiratory effects are really the only bad things about it. so settle down, haters.
  • Options
    augustwest wrote:
    LMFAO !

cigarettes are real dirty and certainly very stoopid...IMO

do you love your pearly baker vest more than your wine? did you spend half of your live doing time for some other fucker's crime?
  • Options
    I don't understand why people are getting so serious about this. People have different opinions. Do whatever you want to do!
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    And back to the OP, WHERE will all of this tailgating be taking place?
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    when your done with the beers/ liquor bottles, the tradition in Hartford seems to be to smash them in the Dodge parking lot...

Not sure why..?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    I got lawn seats for Hartford...am I gonna be able to score any decent green up there or in line?
  • Options
    anybody....anybody?
  • Options
    zeroenvyzeroenvy Posts: 40
    I'll be there a little early to hang out.. I've never been to the dodge so i'm hoping there is no hassle..

As for getting high/drunk making the expierence better. Drop some tabs, it's lifechanging.
    6/27/08!