Options

Out of My Mind

ComatoseComatose Posts: 20
edited March 2008 in The Porch
So I was feeling a little nostalgic and broke out my Not for You single and there is this great little improv, Out of My Mind(totally forgot about his little ditty and WOW), to this day such a great song.
What ever happened to Out of My Mind, I havent seen it anywhere else and I think it needs a come back.
Anyways thought I would share this nostalgic moment.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    It's criminally overlooked and unappreciated.
    10/10
  • Options
    Utterly amazing... I can't believe it has been disregarded in such a way. What a shame.
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    great jam, one of my favorites...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    yes, this tracj is awesome. I remember, when I bought the not for you single, I listened to that at least one billion times..
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    It's amazing to me to think that this song has peen heavily played in my personal music rotation for at least a dozen years now. Wow!!! It still plays well, great song!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    How have I never heard this? Can anyone upload it somewhere or drop me a PM with it??? A million thanks.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    "Wish you could help me, mister. . . wish you could lift me up. . ."
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    mjb wrote:
    How have I never heard this? Can anyone upload it somewhere or drop me a PM with it??? A million thanks.

There's some website that has all the b-sides on it. I can't remember the web site right now, but it's got it on there.

Found it. gremmie.net/bsides/
  • Options
    thanks for reminding me about this song. i popped it in last night after reading your post. it's now on my mp3 player.
    "The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else."
    -Eat, Pray, Love
  • Options
    jorgemsjorgems Posts: 276
    eddie mentioned in Houston a couple of years back that it was a song "written on the spot" and was anoyed because somebody had a banner mentioning it...I think its a song thats not on Eds Fav Playlist...
    Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    danny72688 wrote:
    It's criminally overlooked and unappreciated.
    10/10

Totally agree. It's a fantastic song that I would love to hear in future shows.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    Comatose wrote:
    So I was feeling a little nostalgic and broke out my Not for You single and there is this great little improv, Out of My Mind(totally forgot about his little ditty and WOW), to this day such a great song.
    What ever happened to Out of My Mind, I havent seen it anywhere else and I think it needs a come back.
    Anyways thought I would share this nostalgic moment.

i agree why not play it live awesome song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    I love it!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    There's some website that has all the b-sides on it. I can't remember the web site right now, but it's got it on there.

Found it. gremmie.net/bsides/

I cannot find it there?? Anyone know where it is exactly?
  • Options
    we're in the process implementing a search function on the site guys. please bear with us while we get it going. thanks.
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    One of my favourites
  • Options
    Not PavedNot Paved Posts: 45
    mjb wrote:
    You can listen to "Out of My Mind" in this simple fan-made music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNBaGnfoVfY

(I've always had a fascination with the song, but had never seen this video before. Kinda cool what will turn up on a Friday afternoon...)
  • Options
    great tune....love it.....one of my favorites!
  • Options
    offwegooffwego Posts: 27
    It was played live at one of the Atlanta Fox shows 94. I am not sure but it might have been wrote the same day
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,531
    Utterly amazing... I can't believe it has been disregarded in such a way. What a shame.

be thankful Ed is no longer in that mindset, nor does he want to go back there :)

p.s. as Ed has said in the past, the improv was just a one-time thing,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    One of my personal fav's.....
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,479
    100 Pacer wrote:
    be thankful Ed is no longer in that mindset, nor does he want to go back there :)

p.s. as Ed has said in the past, the improv was just a one-time thing,...

Is that why they played it twice?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,531
    Is that why they played it twice?

LOL can't speak to that, but what i can tell you is that as i was standing next to Ed and a fellow fan who requested that PJ play the song that night, Ed's exact reply was "it was a one-time thing,..." :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore