Options

Live

LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Songs From Black Mountain, LIVE's upcoming album, will be released on April 11th. The River, the first single off of the album, will hit radio stations on January 31st!!

http://www.friendsoflive.com/index2.php
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    no way i havnt heard anything by live since throwing copper i thought they went away
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    what great a band its nice to see some new news
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    I've heard their new song, the River. It's not a bad song, but I was disappointed when I heard that they were going to open- yes, key word OPEN for Nickelback...blah...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    redred Posts: 57
    I've heard their new song, the River. It's not a bad song, but I was disappointed when I heard that they were going to open- yes, key word OPEN for Nickelback...blah...

Hey, they played here last night. I went and saw Danko Jones and Live, then went outside and sold my tickets (which were given to me) before I had to hear the hell that is Nickelback. Only problem, I live 2 blocks from the arena, so I still heard it. Just came home and blasted the PJ.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    They lost me after Secret Samadhi, but I do like their music.

Throwing Copper & Mental Jewelry are classics.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    red wrote:
    Hey, they played here last night. I went and saw Danko Jones and Live, then went outside and sold my tickets (which were given to me) before I had to hear the hell that is Nickelback. Only problem, I live 2 blocks from the arena, so I still heard it. Just came home and blasted the PJ.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Danko Jones rawks and I've always dug Live ever since I saw them in '92. (They weren't even old enough to be in the bar. Great show though.) I will definitely be very far away by the time the... *ahem* "headliners" hit the stage.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    rcs wrote:
    That's exactly what I'm going to do. Danko Jones rawks and I've always dug Live ever since I saw them in '92. (They weren't even old enough to be in the bar. Great show though.) I will definitely be very far away by the time the... *ahem* "headliners" hit the stage.

Oh yeah, definately agree with that one. I really wanna know why all these great bands are touring with all these posers nowadays? Hell, even Jerry Cantrell toured with Nickelback AND Creed. At least he toured with Stone Temple Pilots at one point though, now that would have been a show to see!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    the new video for The River will be out next Monday!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    I saw them open for the Who in Raleigh in 1997 and they were pretty darned good.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    rktscirktsci Posts: 19
    They were one of my favorites until their album "V". What the hell was that one all about? They went from songs like "The Beauty of Gray" to songs about sleeping with groupies. I lost interest in any album they put out after that. I did see them in '04 though in concert, and they can still kick ass on stage. They also seemed to have avoided playing any song off of "V". Maybe they learned their lesson after all.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bout fucking time....i LOVE Live, thought they were through

all4
  • Options
    U-RU-R Posts: 223
    i'll be interested to hear this. their last 2 didn't really float my boat but TC and SS were great. the dam at otter creek gets me every time, it's such a great way to start an album... "when all that's left to do is reflect on what's been done, this is where sadness breeds"
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • Options
    They opend for Bon Jovi on their last euro tour, too... I would have liked to see them, but not as a support act for BJ... Anyway, Live´s a kick ass band to watch live :)
    Hey, could you stand another drink,
    Better when I don't think,
    It seems to get me through.
  • Options
    I think Live should tour with Collective Soul. I don't know, their music is on the same level and both bands kick major ass!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Live was good a couple years ago when I saw them at Rolling Rock Town Fair 2.0. They were co-headlining with STP, but STP played last.

If they've been relegated to being an opening act I would like to see them open for Pearl Jam. I'm sure it would make many people, like myself, nostalgic for the early 90's when both PJ and Live were topping the charts. My wife also likes the idea of Ed & Ed both singing a song together, not that she had anything particular in mind.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917

Boo! That's brutal ... Live has been around longer and are like, 800 times better. Aw well. Maybe they need the cash.
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    maybe PJ will pick em up for a stretch of their next tour...sounds like the albums will be out at the same time...I can dream
  • Options
    OK, so I went to AOL First View to get a load of the new video for The River.

And I like the song - it's not LIVE's best, but I'm a fan. It's catchy - lacks edge, but that's cool sometimes.

Here's my problem - and I think it's why a lot of people are turned off to LIVE: in the video, all Ed Kowalcyk does is mug for the camera. He gives off the image of being in a boy band almost. He's trying to be pretty.

And their music is so much better than that.

But go on over to AOL first view and watch the video.

I love Live - someone mentioned the other day how cool it would be for Ed K and EV to trade verses on a song. Yeah, I'd watch that.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i liked the video..simple but effective
    as for the song..yeh it lacks a certain edge...sounds very much like anything from "Birds of Pray" as well.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA