Options

Umphrey's McGee - Safety In Numbers

Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
edited March 2006 in Other Music
For Immediate Release:

Umphrey's McGee Safety In Numbers - In Stores April 4th, 2006

Umphrey's McGee is proud to announce the release of their third studio album, Safety in Numbers - in stores nationwide on SCI Fidelity Records, April 4th 2006! Produced by UM and their long-time engineer Kevin Browning, and recorded in the band's hometown of Chicago, IL, Safety in Numbers features 11 amazing tracks, including many never-before-heard songs. With special guest musicians Huey Lewis and Joshua Redman, and cover art from renowned album designer Storm Thorgerson (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc), Safety in Numbers represents the next step in the growth of Umphrey's McGee.

Stay tuned for more information about Safety In Numbers as the release date approaches.
Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    awesome news man. i havent heard their studio stuff before, but i have seen them twice (will be thrice in a week and a half) and they put on the best show around IMO. Cant wait til Feb. 11th at the Orpheum in Madtown.
    "I feel it!"- Eddie, during Alive solo, Chicago 2003
  • Options
    Hell yeah man, I've seen them three times too. Isn't an amazing show! You should check out "Anchor Drops" it is a damn fine album.
  • Options
    were you at either of the new years run shows this year jones? i only saw the 30th but i have recordings of both nights. i thought the 30th was better but that may just be sentimental cuz i was there.
  • Options
    No man, unfortunately I was not at either of the shows. The last time I saw them was July 4th at Ribfest in Naperville, IL. But how was the show?

I was lucky enough to catch them last NYE at the Riviera and that set blew me away.

Have you seen the DVD?

I am surprised at the fact that alot more PJ fans don't listen to these guys. It seems like they would be right up everyone's alley. Anchor Drops is very diverse, and not the a-typical jam-band studio album.
  • Options
    it was an awesome set, i thought. Wife soup opener into dump city into jimmy stewert into hajemamashite back into dump city! what a way to start. And the fame closer was sick. it wasnt as good as the summerfest show i thought but thats just because they played mulches odyssey at summerfest and that song is insane.

i have seen the dvd. its great. i love the kiss midgets.
  • Options
    Mulche's is a bad-ass song. HAHA, mini-kiss, I think my friends and I we're afraid to watch them, thats why we missed that set. It's just that nobody wanted to say it out loud.
  • Options
    This cd was a huge letdown to me, my buddy brought me the promo. And I couldn't make it through the whole thing.
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    saw umphrey's at wakarusa last year.. awesome band
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    Yeah the live show they put on is very cool. I have to take them in moderation.
  • Options
    I have real good things about them, but I have not heard any of their music yet. What do they sound like?