Options

why do you care how you get the album?

i am a targeti am a target Posts: 803
edited June 2009 in The Porch
do you like pearl jam for the music the make or the people they are? who really fucking cares in what manner they get the album out? don't like target? buy it from the ten club or from amazon or any one of the hundreds of places to buy music online.

i love pearl jam because the MUSIC they make.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    do you like pearl jam for the music the make or the people they are? who really fucking cares in what manner they get the album out? don't like target? buy it from the ten club or from amazon or any one of the hundreds of places to buy music online.

interesting user name...
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I agree I really don't understand what all the fuss is about the target tie in.
    I never knew soap made you taller.
  • Options
    ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391

+1 i dont give a shit as long as the music doesnt start sounding like fkin nickelback or wtvr
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588

100% agree with you. If Best Buy was the only place it was available, I would get it there in a heart beat. I can't stand BB, and will never shop there again, unless there is ever a PJ exclusive of course. But I will always have the 10c to bail me out.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    YES,,IT DOESNT MATTER,,JUST MIKE PLAY THE GUITAR,,ALL ARE COOL
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    well seeing as the music industry is on its way out the door, and that is indeed big news, I think it is impingent on all of us to care how you get the album.

Also, if the band didnt think people cared about it, Kelly wouldnt have mentioned it to Billboard and Billboard wouldnt have spent a great deal of the article discussing it.

They have also talked about it with Rolling Stone and I though stone mentioned it on MSNBC when talking about the great sea turtle race although I could be wrong.

I dont think i need to explain myself, as to why this is something that is worthy of talking about.

Its nice to see the PJ nazi's at it again. Always happy to see them come out of the woodwork. No mention of the fact my thread in fact praised the band. Oddly, someone I guess forgot how to read in the middle of my post.

In this orwellian board, any criticism, or anything DEEMED criticism, is subjected to some kind of backlash by people on this board, who worship anything the band does, and accepts anything they do without question.

I love the band, but if someone says "hey I dont like PJ", I would say "your out of your mind" and leave it at that. I am not gonna go TP their house or kill their dog or something.

My ten club membership doesnt include unwavering commitment to the band in every single action they do. And it shouldnt.

Instead of being the PJ police, why not get a life, friend.