chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
edited June 2009 in The Porch
so...
...is it about the money these days?

target?
rock band?
cold case?
box set(s)?

i can't take credit for the following, this is brought to us by everyone's friend, arturdent...

unfortunately, PJ Inc. has now taken over. It used to be about the music, but now the business aspect seems to be taking more and more control. It's sad to realize your idols are merely human.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Still about the music for me. ;)
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    do you like the music? ... then listen.

if not ... don't.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    jimed14 wrote:
    do you like the music? ... then listen.

if not ... don't.

wait you're saying there are people that care more about the bands image than the music?!?!!

i'm shocked!! :shock: :shock: ;) :P :lol::lol:
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 788
    Seriously how many threads like this do we need? The times they are a changin'... it's not even that big of a deal...
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    it's PJ LLC - get it right or else this thread will join the delete pile.
    :lol:
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    Deadman wrote:
    Seriously how many threads like this do we need? The times they are a changin'... it's not even that big of a deal...
    sorry for have gone past the quota for threads like this.
    i don't come around here much simply b/c of this type of answer.

i was just asking...are they changing?
    that's all...
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    are you 12?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 788
    chikevin wrote:
    Deadman wrote:
    sorry for have gone past the quota for threads like this.
    i don't come around here much simply b/c of this type of answer.

that's all...

No worries here really... I just enjoy seeing as much of the band in public eye again as possible...
  • Options
    chikevin wrote:

they have less hair ...
    of the hair they have, more of it is gray ...
    they have more kids ...
    and they probably wake up in the middle of the night and pee a bit more than they used to ...

yes, they are changing.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Pearl Jam isn't a music charity.

It's their job. To entertain us and make a living.

If they made shitty music that sold easily to the masses, then it would be ok to bitch.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    July 2006 Carbon Initiative
    - Band donates $100,000 to various environmental foundations

June 2008 Beacon Theatre
    "26-song set list during a private show that raised $3 million for the Robin Hood Foundation's poverty fighting initiatives."
    --> The band took absolutely no compensation for this event.

April 2009
    "In an effort to support the continued work of the Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Eddie Vedder has made a $10,000 donation from Pearl Jam’s Foundation in Pete Seeger’s name."

Stone matching donations in the great turtle races.......
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    chikevin wrote:

they have less hair ...
    they have more kids ...
    and they probably wake up in the middle of the night and pee a bit more than they used to ...

yes, they are changing.

shit except for the kids part, that's me too....damn we be getting old :( :P :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Pearl Jam isn't a music charity.

It's their job. To entertain us and make a living.

If they made shitty music that sold easily to the masses, then it would be ok to bitch.

stop makin' sense will ya? there are some people here that need to bitch about nothin'! ;):mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    chikevin wrote:

they have less hair ...
    they have more kids ...

yes, they are changing.

shit except for the kids part, that's me too....damn we be getting old :( :P :mrgreen:

I'm in the exact same boat my friend .... and the girl and I had the TALK this weekend ... so, that last one is sneaking up on me too ... :o

• Options
    norm wrote:
    stop makin' sense will ya? there are some people here that need to bitch about nothin'! ;):mrgreen::mrgreen:
    exactly the reason why i can't stand this place.

i just asked a question. i didn't read through all the other shit that's out there on this topic.

maybe i should have. then again, maybe i shoulda blown my brains out. woulda been easier then trying to talk some sensible stuff with PJ apologists.
  • Options
    chikevin wrote:
    norm wrote:

i just asked a question. i didn't read through all the other shit that's out there on this topic.

maybe i should have. then again, maybe i shoulda blown my brains out. woulda been easier then trying to talk some sensible stuff with PJ apologists.

relax...i'm just goofin'...if you want to believe the band just decided to go into the music business that's cool... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    relax...i'm just goofin'...if you want to believe the band just decided to go into the music business that's cool... :mrgreen:
    thanks for allowing me this. i mean, who am i to believe there was money to be made?

guess i was under the impression 'enough was enough'.

i know they talked about corporate greed with 'green disease' on riot act, but it just seems kinda silly only a few years later.
  • Options
    chikevin wrote:
    norm wrote:
    thanks for allowing me this. i mean, who am i to believe there was money to be made?

guess i was under the impression 'enough was enough'.

i know they talked about corporate greed with 'green disease' on riot act, but it just seems kinda silly only a few years later.

I think it's safe to say they will not be introduced on Conan the way Dave introduces them here ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOAzJFd4KDA

personally, I don't give a crap ... as long as they kick some ass ....

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    chikevin wrote:
    norm wrote:

and norm was being sarcastic, ever hear of a thing called sarcasm . but onto your original point. this isn't 95 anymore. stop holding onto something that hasn't been there for years. the band moved on years ago. if a band wasn't in it to make money, then why be in a band in the first place. who cares what weather there on cold case or in a stupid video game or having the new cd at target only. you will still be able to purchase it in the goods section or at your local indie store. if it really bothers you that the band is making money, then go find a band that isn't bout supporting there family or bettering themselves. go read the green river bio on myspace and look closely at the part that says jeff and stone wanted to became famous or how mother love bone wanted to become famous. i'm sure its old useless shit that everyone knows. i'm using it to make a point, thats all. i'm by no means a pj apologists at all. i've probably bashed pj and the 10c more times then i can remember
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    jimed14 wrote:

I think it's safe to say they will not be introduced on Conan the way Dave introduces them here ...

Nice link. I just LOL'd for real hearing that intro.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

man how cool would it be to hear something as good as that tomorrow night :D
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Solat13 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Nice link. I just LOL'd for real hearing that intro.
    LOL @ "sponsored free"

was that the anti-Ticketmaster tour?
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    when they first started selling the green disease tee's, the caption was 'we also have it or we'd be giving these away for nothing'.

nothing has changed except all the surrounding bullsh....oops.
    nothing has changed except in the ways now see/hear them publicly. enjoy or not? yes 4 me.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    chikevin wrote:
    norm wrote:

and norm was being sarcastic, ever hear of a thing called sarcasm . but onto your original point. this isn't 95 anymore. stop holding onto something that hasn't been there for years. the band moved on years ago. if a band wasn't in it to make money, then why be in a band in the first place. who cares what weather there on cold case or in a stupid video game or having the new cd at target only. you will still be able to purchase it in the goods section or at your local indie store. if it really bothers you that the band is making money, then go find a band that isn't bout supporting there family or bettering themselves. go read the green river bio on myspace and look closely at the part that says jeff and stone wanted to became famous or how mother love bone wanted to become famous. i'm sure its old useless shit that everyone knows. i'm using it to make a point, thats all. i'm by no means a pj apologists at all. i've probably bashed pj and the 10c more times then i can remember

thanks for the clarification...

...it's not like i coulda been sarcastic with my comment (like norm was, whom you feel the need to speak for), "thanks for allowing me this. i mean, who am i to believe there was money to be made?"

i haven't really been around here for a while, and now i remember exactly why. no, this isn't '95 anymore. no, i don't need to find someone who needs to qualify themselves as bashed 'pj and the 10c more times than i can remember.' congrats....you are truly one of thousands of people...many of who don't frequent this board simply b/c they don't want to hear your holier-than-thou bullshit.

i just asked a question. that's it. i wondered if things are still as they were around here...and they are.

piss on your whole indie store, green river and mother love bone babble...who cares? you think you know more than someone else who doesn't spend most of their time here?

just f-in relax. remember...no matter how much you know, there's always someone who knows more. it's probably not me, but i'm sure it's some person who only checks in here from time to time b/c they can't stand to listen to those of you who think you ALWAYS know more than anyone else.

so just relax....
  • Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    when they first started selling the green disease tee's, the caption was 'we also have it or we'd be giving these away for nothing'.

exactly
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options

exactly
    nice to see you. hope you are well. ;)
  • Options
    chikevin wrote:
    thanks for the clarification...

...it's not like i coulda been sarcastic with my comment (like norm was, whom you feel the need to speak for), "thanks for allowing me this. i mean, who am i to believe there was money to be made?"

i haven't really been around here for a while, and now i remember exactly why. no, this isn't '95 anymore. no, i don't need to find someone who needs to qualify themselves as bashed 'pj and the 10c more times than i can remember.' congrats....you are truly one of thousands of people...many of who don't frequent this board simply b/c they don't want to hear your holier-than-thou bullshit.

i just asked a question. that's it. i wondered if things are still as they were around here...and they are.

piss on your whole indie store, green river and mother love bone babble...who cares? you think you know more than someone else who doesn't spend most of their time here?

just f-in relax. remember...no matter how much you know, there's always someone who knows more. it's probably not me, but i'm sure it's some person who only checks in here from time to time b/c they can't stand to listen to those of you who think you ALWAYS know more than anyone else.

so just relax....
    ya what fuck it, im not gonna bother getting into what ya came on here for. if you cant stand people on here then why bother coming on here. oh i know why, to do what you always have done on here and thats be a troll

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    maybe they're just doing their bit for the economy :roll:
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    maybe they're just doing their bit for the economy :roll:
    or maybe there gonna be "sell outs" like u2. i cant wait for them to appear in a ipod ad or something. hell maybe even have alive as a theme song for a tv show. i cant wait for when you have to pay 120 bucks for a ticket. i kid i kid