Options

Ipod Video Help

porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
edited May 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
Hola,

I recently bought an Ipod Classic 120G. I'm a bit proficient with Technology, but now anything new when it comes to the Ipod Videos etc.

1. What are some cool things the "new" ipods can do? I had a 1st generation so I'm clueless

2. Are there any reliable movie download websites as I'm traveling a lot coming up?

3. It it a pretty easy process to move DVD's to the new Ipod (touring band, immagine, live at the garden, unplugged, etc)

Really I'm asking for a bit of guidance from folks who know so don't make a bunch of mistakes and ruin my Ipod and/or computer hard drive.

Thanks for any input.
"That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    Hola,

I recently bought an Ipod Classic 120G. I'm a bit proficient with Technology, but now anything new when it comes to the Ipod Videos etc.

1. What are some cool things the "new" ipods can do? I had a 1st generation so I'm clueless

2. Are there any reliable movie download websites as I'm traveling a lot coming up?

3. It it a pretty easy process to move DVD's to the new Ipod (touring band, immagine, live at the garden, unplugged, etc)

Really I'm asking for a bit of guidance from folks who know so don't make a bunch of mistakes and ruin my Ipod and/or computer hard drive.

Thanks for any input.

All I know is that I'm driving myself to drink, just trying to put a little 30 second video on my Touch. :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    ronyrony Posts: 212
    ok if you already have the video you want to convert use videora its fast and simple to use. If you have a mac try isquint its very easy to use.

if you don't have your videos already i can pm you some good safe sites for movies and tv shows.

on a mac to rip a dvd is unbelievably easy with handbrake but i never found a fee app that was as good as it on a windows machine. try using any recommended DVD decrypting software to rip the dvd and then use videora to comvert it to .mp4 or h.264.

In terms of the "new" things there isn't too much difference between the older iPods and the newer ones, unless your talking about the touches.

Hope this helps.