Options

unemployed and going to 3 shows

Clark KentClark Kent Posts: 163
edited April 2008 in The Porch
i have had a brutal 10 months. have'nt been this depressed in 18 years. these guys kick fukn ass. there music has been a part of my life for so long its hard to remember when i heard them first. i need this tour to help me get the fuk out of this funk im in. my wife is not to happy about 3 shows. she just does'nt fukn get it. "and there he goes" bos94,98,00,03,04,06,08,ct08 peace!!!!!!!!!!
Son of Jor-El
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Enjoy....But you do need to focus on getting a job..
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    release30 wrote:

no shit man...we all love the band but seriously
  • Options
    Clark KentClark Kent Posts: 163
    imgoing to school. IT is where its at. ive been bartending for 8 years and i have a bad taste in my mouth now for the buisness. so back to schoool i come. its pretty embarrassing being 36 and no carrer. "I changed by not changn att all small town predicts my fate perhaps thats what no one wants to see"
    Son of Jor-El
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    I couldn't be with someone that "dosn't get it". Good luck with the career change. This tour will indeed rock you outta your funk!
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    Stay bartending till another job comes along..Or at least till your done with the PJ shows...
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    happydad wrote:
    imgoing to school. IT is where its at. ive been bartending for 8 years and i have a bad taste in my mouth now for the buisness. so back to schoool i come. its pretty embarrassing being 36 and no carrer. "I changed by not changn att all small town predicts my fate perhaps thats what no one wants to see"
    good on ya mate
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    happydad wrote:
    i have had a brutal 10 months. have'nt been this depressed in 18 years. these guys kick fukn ass. there music has been a part of my life for so long its hard to remember when i heard them first. i need this tour to help me get the fuk out of this funk im in. my wife is not to happy about 3 shows. she just does'nt fukn get it. "and there he goes" bos94,98,00,03,04,06,08,ct08 peace!!!!!!!!!!

Question...
    are my tax $$ paying for health insurance for you and your family??? If so you need to buy me a beer at the show!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    happydad wrote:

I know what you're going through. After 9/11/2001, I lost my job and couldn't get fulltime work until 2003. Yes, I got some freelance work in between that time, but times were incredibly rough.

PJ announced a PNC/Arts center show in 2003 before they went to South America or Mexico (I forgot). Anyway, I decided to get tickets for this show and went by myself. I had the greatest time, and while in the parking area of the place before the show, I got a call from a company I interviewed with and got the job.

Let's face it, Pearl Jam brings people happiness and yes, jobs. :)
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    Gee, thanks dad.

whatever. people have their priorities. you don't know the op's financial situation. I know that music can save lives. he said he's depressed. I say see PJ as much as you possibly can and you'll get out of that funk. things usually work out, but PJ is something that shouldn't be missed.
  • Options
    Gee, thanks dad.

whatever. people have their priorities. you don't know the op's financial situation. I know that music can save lives. he said he's depressed. I say see PJ as much as you possibly can and you'll get out of that funk. things usually work out, but PJ is something that shouldn't be missed.

Eliot- obviously you are 12 or 13 years of age...15 MAX.. But if "happydad" is married he has responsibilities to his family..Wife kids etc...Pearl Jam who I love as much as the next person will not put food on the table....

I guess I could have come in here and said dude fuck a job you got Pearl Jam they will make not having a job easy on you...lol
  • Options
    i wouldn't be happy with you either if you were going to 3 shows without a job
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    happydad sure....happyfamily not so sure....
  • Options
    happydad wrote:

Im in the same situation, out of college and out of a job since last August, got a little money so heading over four (hopefully 5 if I get a ticket to MSG 2!) shows!
    Im still looking for work everyday and pissed of with lack of opportunities but this is probably the only time im ever going to get the chance to go to the states and take in multiple shows so I cant wait for it!
    Hopefully all of us in this situation can get sorted soon.
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    Eliot- obviously you are 12 or 13 years of age...15 MAX.. But if "happydad" is married he has responsibilities to his family..Wife kids etc...Pearl Jam who I love as much as the next person will not put food on the table....

I guess I could have come in here and said dude fuck a job you got Pearl Jam they will make not having a job easy on you...lol
    Nah, you're probably right.

Tough love..
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    happydad wrote:
    careers are overrated. :p

work to live not live to work.
    Though I can see why the wife might not be too happy if she's not a fan and doesn't get it...I do though: sometimes you need something nice to look forward to, to help bear the shit moments, and PJ shows are certainly it!! :D