Options

i know its been said but the 2000 boots

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited May 2009 in The Porch
ARE AMAZING ....everything about them is just so perfect...and im a dick for neglecting them...my FAV has got to be CARDIFF 6-6-2000....nothing as it seems as the opener ....then you got daughter with the WMA tag at the end...if only this years boots would sound the same
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ......and if you listen to "breakerfall" there is a sick little guitar thing at around the 1min mark...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    The 2000 boots sound so good b/c there were lotsa Les Pauls bein played that tour. In 03 they switched to lotsa Teles.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    DewieCox wrote:
    The 2000 boots sound so good b/c there were lotsa Les Pauls bein played that tour. In 03 they switched to lotsa Teles.

I'll go ahead and guess that you're a gibson man? I see plenty of teles on touring band and plenty of les pauls in live at the garden. Ed played tele's almost exclusively up until 03.

They definitely changed up they're tone but I think they just rolled back to overdrive a little bit and there tones are pretty muddy and don't really accent each other anymore.

that being said...I love tele's, very versatile guitars (led zep 1 was recorded with tele) ...but I do agree that something happened to their tone after 2000.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    DewieCox wrote:

I'll go ahead and guess that you're a gibson man? I see plenty of teles on touring band and plenty of les pauls in live at the garden. Ed played tele's almost exclusively up until 03.

They definitely changed up they're tone but I think they just rolled back to overdrive a little bit and there tones are pretty muddy and don't really accent each other anymore.

that being said...I love tele's, very versatile guitars (led zep 1 was recorded with tele) ...but I do agree that something happened to their tone after 2000.

The 3 shows I seen in 03, Mike and Stone both had Butterscotch Blonde Teles and they seemed to be their main guitars(along with Mike's strat) or as close as they have to em. Mike also seemed to downgrade his 59 LP behind his red LP Jr with the p90s some time around there.
  • Options
    you really think that the reason for the different sound??? or was it just the recording and levels?????
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    oh man, i can't stand les pauls.....

(looks over at his avatar pic....)