Options

Toronto Tickets

B-RyeB-Rye Posts: 130
edited May 2009 in The Porch
So here's the deal. I was at work during the presale aaaand the ticketmaster on sale. Needless to say, I didn't get tickets. I've been looking around, and there seems to be none available from 10c members with extras, and the scalping sites are all marked up 300%, and that's for the 400 section/Lawns.

I live really close to the venue though, so what are the chances, and what should I expect to pay if I go down and try to buy tickets the day of? Any chance some spare 10c tickets will be floating around the board or at any fundraiser parties?

PS - I'm going from Toronto to Chicago if anybody wants to car pool.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    rrpj1979rrpj1979 Posts: 36
    I'm in the same boat...these T.O. tickets are impossible to get at a decent price. I've seen lawns go for over $150 when the face value is $49. I might head down to the venue that day and see if I can get some there.
    Good luck and don't give up...be patient, that's what they tell me.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,953
    rrpj1979 wrote:
    I'm in the same boat...these T.O. tickets are impossible to get at a decent price. I've seen lawns go for over $150 when the face value is $49. I might head down to the venue that day and see if I can get some there.
    Good luck and don't give up...be patient, that's what they tell me.
    That's your best bet. More tickets are almost always released on the day of an event, only available at the venue's own box office. Not to mention desperate scalpers unable to get rid of their overpriced stock go down in prices heavily as the shows begin.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    My wife, who is not a big PJ fan but tolerates my obsession HEHE, just told me that she would like to visit a friend in Toronto this fall. First thing that crossed my mind was that PJ was playing in Toronto so of course I said yes! Well, after looking at airfare, rental car, I see that its dooable but I'm a litte worried about obtaining tickets, especially after reading this thread.

I'm wondering if its worth it to book airfare and hope that I'll find tickets or do the Chicago shows. Chicago will definitely be a harder sell to my wife though.

Daniel
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,197
    keep checking ticketmaster early mornings or late night. not sure yet if those tickets are on the ticket exchange yet, but there's alway's hope. ticketsnow is at 503 tickets still on sale; with the highest lawn ticket at 268 US bucks! :shock:
  • Options
    rodentrodent Posts: 133
    when they played the amphitheatre in 2003 i asked a scalper how much he was charging and it was in the $150-$180 range for 400's. it's best to ask them to drop their prices once the band is just about to go on.
  • Options
    rodent wrote:
    when they played the amphitheatre in 2003 i asked a scalper how much he was charging and it was in the $150-$180 range for 400's. it's best to ask them to drop their prices once the band is just about to go on.
    What I've done is taken all money out of my wallet except for what I'm willing to pay. Being presented with cash sometimes will be enough to push them to take an offer smaller than they otherwise may have. Keep your cash out, and be ready to walk away if they laugh at your offer, and go find another scalper. Eventually, as the show draws nearer, they'll realize they aren't going to get the bullshit prices they're asking, and will accept lower.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    There is no question that this is going to be a VERY tough ticket. Tickets can be had, but at scalper prices. Good luck people :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    RITFWinCORITFWinCO Posts: 217
    BeerBaron wrote:
    There is no question that this is going to be a VERY tough ticket. Tickets can be had, but at scalper prices. Good luck people :)

Agreed. Relatively smaller venue size is probably the biggest thing working against someone getting a scalper ticket at good price. Couple that with the fact it's a Friday night (more casual fans available to attend) and that an extended North American tour is not annouced, and it appears tough. Not like an Irving Plaza or Vic ticket, but I think circumstances make it hard to get a ticket without paying up.
  • Options
    RITFWinCO wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

Agreed. Relatively smaller venue size is probably the biggest thing working against someone getting a scalper ticket at good price. Couple that with the fact it's a Friday night (more casual fans available to attend) and that an extended North American tour is not annouced, and it appears tough. Not like an Irving Plaza or Vic ticket, but I think circumstances make it hard to get a ticket without paying up.
    Well, if Pearl Jam wants to fight the scalper industry, then, they should add a second show! :lol:

EV
  • Options
    Lawns are more affordable, however Eddie and the boys will be the size of pennys.
    Personally, I wouldn't mind lawns, however, the wife is prego and I don't want her next to a smoker :o .
    I'm forced to look for seating...she may get a little tired of standing throughout the show.
    If they added a second T.O. show, I'd use my 10C membership...but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.

The search for tickets begins.... :shock:
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    You're coming to the Molson Amp, dude. Seats or lawns people will be smoking. [I'll have my joints at the ready for sure]
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    You're coming to the Molson Amp, dude. Seats or lawns people will be smoking. [I'll have my joints at the ready for sure]

Ya, you're right.
    Probably should go without her... she did come with me to see them a few times before.
    On the other hand, the J-J's ;) might help her relax a bit.
  • Options
    I'm actually surprised there are no 10c tix floating around (singles, etc...) but that might happen closer to the date I guess. Anyway, it looks like I'll just wander down and see if I can snag some tix day of at scalper prices. The Amphitheatre seating is pretty dismal in anything behind the 200 section though IMO so it might not be worth it to me.
  • Options
    BD177201 wrote:
    I'm actually surprised there are no 10c tix floating around (singles, etc...) but that might happen closer to the date I guess. Anyway, it looks like I'll just wander down and see if I can snag some tix day of at scalper prices. The Amphitheatre seating is pretty dismal in anything behind the 200 section though IMO so it might not be worth it to me.
    Agreed. That's the sole reason I'm not going to see the Nine Inch Nails. Pulled 300 section on Ticketbastard and walked away.

EV
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    BD177201 wrote:
    I think it is a combination of a few factors: first of all this is the ONLY show anywhere near most of Pearl Jam's biggest markets in NA (Boston, NYC, Philly) and a lot of people are driving to Toronto for this show. And secondly, it appears as though the 10C got a HUGE allocation of the tickets for this show.

I'm sure that as the show gets closer there will be plenty of singles out there as people's friends ditch them for the road trip to Toronto. Just keep looking over the next little while ~ tickets will pop up.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    damm ... i feel so lucky to have 10c tix to this show ... if i had a big sailboat i would let all the people who couldn't get tickets on to listen to the show from the water ...
  • Options
    rodentrodent Posts: 133
    polaris_x wrote:
    damm ... i feel so lucky to have 10c tix to this show ... if i had a big sailboat i would let all the people who couldn't get tickets on to listen to the show from the water ...

if worse comes to worst, you can always listen to the show from the parking lot. Whenever i'm interested in hearing a band that's playing the amphitheatre but don't want to pay for a ticket, i just sit by the water in the parking lot (or along the bike path) and you can hear everything perfectly. :)
  • Options
    rodent wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

if worse comes to worst, you can always listen to the show from the parking lot. Whenever i'm interested in hearing a band that's playing the amphitheatre but don't want to pay for a ticket, i just sit by the water in the parking lot (or along the bike path) and you can hear everything perfectly. :)

Good point....but this is PJ we are talkin' about!!!
  • Options
    ELI10ELI10 Posts: 31
    I was able to find sec 403 on stub hub for 105 each so i payed about 25 extra then face value after taxes
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    I would not go to the venue expecting to get tickets
    I think this is primarily a fan club show
    very few tickets other than 400's or lawns are posted on any site
    that makes me think this is almost a total fan club show
    there are over 2 million people in Toronto and 4 million within an hour of Toronto and 10% of those people would love to go see Pearl jam
    I'm just saying....

I would buy lawns now for $100 ea on line if you really want to go
    prices are only going to go up from here.

I think this is fan club and PJ will play a couple of dates in Toronto for their new album tour in a bigger venue for the general public next year.

If you have 10c tickets I would arrive early to get them!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,197
    during the 102.1 the edge, tickets were on sale for the 302 & 303 section's .. also the 400's. ticketmaster the next day had all the rest. but aka, not all those 400's went to ticketmaster, looks like more then half went to their sister network, ticketsnow & other clients.

i was kinda hoping they did 2 show's back to back in toronto. doesn't have to be the molson amp. the acc has nobody playing the thursday or saturday. d'oh! someday maybe, pearl jam will play at the roger's centre? seeing pearl jam on that huge screen tv? oh mama!!