Options

Will Eddie be at the High Dive tonight?

einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Just a thought,
Liam Finn is playing a small gig, all sold out, was supposed to be with Pela he cancelled.

From the High Dive website: "Pela Had to cancel due to a medical emergency......Liam Finn and Guests are still playing".

G... I wonder :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Good possiblity man oh man how awesome would that be i wonder if the boss will show up to the first eddie show in vancouver since he will already be there
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Dont just wonder! Get that jacket on and go!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    jaamfaan wrote:
    Dont just wonder! Get that jacket on and go!!!

I'll get the jacket on cause I'll need it standing outside... :( All sold out!
  • Options
    star25star25 Posts: 16
    Really! That sucks. . .was it sold out before Pela canceled? Pela is pretty popular these days since KEXP has hyped them so much. . .maybe some of those people won't show up and there will be some tix at the door?
    you're cool, and cold in your calculations
    we're friends, only because of my situation
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    doesn't ed live in cali these days anyway?
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    einatshaul wrote:
    Just a thought,
    Liam Finn is playing a small gig, all sold out, was supposed to be with Pela he cancelled.

From the High Dive website: "Pela Had to cancel due to a medical emergency......Liam Finn and Guests are still playing".

G... I wonder :)

I never heard of either, who are they?
    Any CD's worth buying?
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    doesn't ed live in cali these days anyway?

No, West Seattle
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    mtbr03mtbr03 Posts: 41
    Sweet! I live in Fremont...oh wait, that was in 2002 damnit!

Now living in East London...guess I will have to settle for Pete Doherty sightings...god I miss the emerald city....
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    No, West Seattle

and you personally know this?
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    and you personally know this?

Yeah, pretty much everyone does. It's still a pretty small town.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Where is the venue in question?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    truanttruant Posts: 34
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Where is the venue in question?

just a few doors down from Studio Litho...
    ** Seattle II 11/06/00 ** Key Arena 12/08/02 ** Key Arena 12/09/02 ** Vancouver 05/30/03 ** Benaroya 10/22/03 ** Santa Barbara 10/28/03 ** NW School 03/18/05 ** Gorge 09/01/05 ** Gorge I 07/22/06 ** Gorge II 07/23/06 ** Hawaii 12/02/06 ** Vancouver EV 04/02/08 ** DC 06/22/08 **
  • Options
    mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    not sure about the High Dive Show, couldn't make that due to work. But, Liam put on a great little warm up show at Easy Street Queen Anne! He's a brilliant musician. I hear the show was webcast and is archived at their site.
    http://www.easystreetonline.com
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • Options
    The show was sold out for Pela, who canceled due to an injury. Many people requested a refund, therefore it was no longer sold out, and people like ME and ED VEDDER got in to rock out to Liam Finn.

I honestly wanted to see Liam, and I could tell early on that there would prolly be no Ed (club was d-e-d-dead).

Then right before Liam took the stage, Ed walked in. He kept his brown puffy coat on and hung out with the crowd (drinking Coronas--over Mac&Jack's!), so I could tell he would not be playing. I stood about 5' away from him, and we rocked out to the ROCKING Liam Finn. We were about exactly even in height--approx. 5' 5-1/2"!

Liam was great--picked up his CD. Go early to the EV shows to check him out!
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    Cool, I like it when i hear stories of famous guys like Ed just hanging out with a normal crowd and not in a reserved area or not just at special 'celeb only' events. It gives you faith that their celebrity hasn't kept them from feeling they can't just be an average joe on their time off.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    Sucks what happened

We are writing to you as our van heads back to New York. Billy has already returned to New York via plane, and is preparing for surgery.

During last night’s show at Schuba’s in Chicago Billy fell off the stage, landing on a broken pint glass. This happened during the triumphant finale of the set; the stage was crowded with people dancing and singing to ‘Cavalry’, while a strobe light turned their vision into a cut screen movie. His left hand has a gash on the palm, and a deep slice in his pinky finger which also cut tendons.

We regrettably must announce that Schuba’s was the last night of the tour.

We promise to make up each and every show as soon as possible and apologize to everyone who purchased tickets. Arrangements are being made with all of the clubs on how best to handle the situation. We will have more information soon.
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    The show was sold out for Pela, who canceled due to an injury. Many people requested a refund, therefore it was no longer sold out, and people like ME and ED VEDDER got in to rock out to Liam Finn.

I honestly wanted to see Liam, and I could tell early on that there would prolly be no Ed (club was d-e-d-dead).

Then right before Liam took the stage, Ed walked in. He kept his brown puffy coat on and hung out with the crowd (drinking Coronas--over Mac&Jack's!), so I could tell he would not be playing. I stood about 5' away from him, and we rocked out to the ROCKING Liam Finn. We were about exactly even in height--approx. 5' 5-1/2"!

Liam was great--picked up his CD. Go early to the EV shows to check him out!

Good Times man, Good Times!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Anyone else confrim ed was there did any ask him how the setlist was going to look for his shows or anytin ginside info on it
  • Options
    Mrs.McCMrs.McC Posts: 18
    Yep, he was there--small club, maybe 100+ people? It was mellow. We were all up front and into Liam's show. It was not about Ed at all, and you could tell that was how he wanted it. He was just a guy at a show.
  • Options
    Mrs.McC wrote:
    Yep, he was there--small club, maybe 100+ people? It was mellow. We were all up front and into Liam's show. It was not about Ed at all, and you could tell that was how he wanted it. He was just a guy at a show.

Man, that is AWESOME! I can't believe it, I was there but I couldn't stick around for the actual show! I just left my booking request (got a job to do...) and left, if I stuck around I'd get to know Liam Finn and maybe Ed could've given me a ride home... (I live in West Seattle now)

Well, glad you all got to enjoy this night with the man! :)
  • Options
    Mrs.McC wrote:

That is so sweet u know these musicians today would never do that these new bands with all these punks that is so cool and down to earth i have met alot of bands and it seems that the older bands are so much cooler then these new bands
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    always good to hear these stories... just chillin', watchin' a show w/ Ed. I gotta move to Seattle...
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Man, that is AWESOME! I can't believe it, I was there but I couldn't stick around for the actual show! I just left my booking request (got a job to do...) and left, if I stuck around I'd get to know Liam Finn and maybe Ed could've given me a ride home... (I live in West Seattle now)

Well, glad you all got to enjoy this night with the man! :)

I don't think you would have wanted Ed driving you around last night...he was looking a little tipsy. I was actually thinking that maybe I should have offered Ed a ride home! You know, it's my neighborly duty. :D
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Yeah, I'm sure you wouldn't try anything Ed's woman wouldn't want you to try, right? RIGHT! By the way, speaking of his woman, she doesn't like Liam Finn? What's going on? Can't get a baby sitter for couple of hours?

haha.. hell, I could've baby sat, I was right there anyway... and well, why would she try anything?? I mean, I'm sure Mr. McC would have an objection!
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I have a feeling that McCready is scared of big bad EV ;P They keep saying that's not the case anymore but I see how EV looks at McCready with those controlling eyes on stage! Hell, I think the only member who's not scared of EV is Boom. He'd be like "get back you little punk! who do you think you are!?! I didn't even know your band when we first met, remember?"
    hahahahaaaaa!!!!

haha! Yeah, no doubt, Boom and Matt, Matt is like his bro, he's cool with Ed...
    And Mike, well, he must be scared of me by now hahaha (I swear, no reason to be!)

Well, this teaches me to listen to my gut feeling next time!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    haha.. hell, I could've baby sat, I was right there anyway... and well, why would she try anything?? I mean, I'm sure Mr. McC would have an objection!

My future husband knows that I would never come between band mates!

I wouldn't put the moves on Ed.......unless he, well.........no, I couldn't............okay, I guess I might think about it.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    seattle is very cool in that ed can go to shows and not be bothered. i have seen him out many times and everyone is always chill.

btw, i wasnt at the high dive (although, it is worth going just to get a "poolside" drink...yummy)......

i was at the showbox in the very front REALLY enjoying The Gutter Twins....damn good show!!!!
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    After the show, nobody said "hi" to Ed? You know, just to be polite?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Your future hubby has a wife and a baby. YOu know what you could do though, you all could move to Saudi Arabia where McCready could marry you too. Then you'd be a big happy family :-P

Works for me ;)

Hey, yeah, no one said Hi to good old Ed? A "See ya in Vancouver" ? How rude! ;P