Options

Question about Tower?

5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I have a quick question and need some input. I was wondering how much traffic I can exspect getting to Tower for Ed's show on the 12th? I will be away all week for work prior to the show and now won't get to leave at my original exspected time. I wont be able to hit the road till about 5:30p.m. from Harrisburg PA.

Should I be worried about missing Liam? Any info would be great.
This too shall pass.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    If you leave by 5:30 you should be there by 7:30 give or take. The worst part is turning off of route 3 onto 69th street, the traffic lights around there suck when there is a big show. Otherwise it is an easy venue to get to.

Just checked and there is a home game that night so you might hit some backups on the shurekill until you hit the blue route. You will be there in plenty of time for Eddie, just not Liam.

I'll be at the Thursday show.

Enjoy.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    Thanks alot for the advice, have a good time on the 11!

Are you the person that I talked to about meeting up at Ed's D.C. show last year?
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    I'm coming from Reading, but you need to count on at least 2 hrs, I do from Reading, and you're like 45 minutes west, so if possible, try to account for 2 1/2 hrs to be safe...Liam is worth the effort alone!
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    5against1- wrote:
    I have a quick question and need some input. I was wondering how much traffic I can exspect getting to Tower for Ed's show on the 12th? I will be away all week for work prior to the show and now won't get to leave at my original exspected time. I wont be able to hit the road till about 5:30p.m. from Harrisburg PA.

SERIOUSLY, 76 coming from 276 on a Friday during the beach season is a blow-yer-brains-out crawl from 4:00 until sometimes after 9...Seriously...If you can get on the road even a half hour earlier, you are much better off...
  • Options
    5against1- wrote:

SERIOUSLY, 76 coming from 276 on a Friday during the beach season is a blow-yer-brains-out crawl from 4:00 until sometimes after 9...Seriously...If you can get on the road even a half hour earlier, you are much better off...
    Damn that worries me I haven't thought about that!! I think if I hit the road by 4:30-5:00 I should be fine. God I will loose it if I get stuck in traffic and miss Ed's show. Last tour though he didn't come on till 8:45-9. I already saw Liam 3 times I could miss him I guess, but surely not ED!!!!
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Absolutely leave as early as you can. The shore traffic starts around 3:00.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I don't recall trying to meet up, I remember trying to meet up with crazypjfan, but wasn't even able to do that. If you aren't worried about missing liam then don't worry, you should make it fine. Once you get on the blue route you should be fine.

Heading out to Chicago? I bit the bullet, wasn't going to wait for a possible Spectrum show.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?